Thoughts on Klipsch/Pro-Ject R-15PM Turntable?

Anyone have any thoughts or feedback on the Klipsch R-15PM Turntable set that includes the Klipsch/Pro-Ject Primary turntable and pair of Klipsch speakers?

R-15PM Turntable Pack | Klipsch

I came across the set at a good sale price here locally. I need a new, quality turntable for use now. Would this come recommended?

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, nacho220 said:

The speakers appear to run 400 on their own. The entire is on sale for 550. 

Is the turntable, albeit entry level, one that I could transition to a full setup do you think?

yeh definitely ... $550 seems like a good deal... the only drama with the essential is upgrading will be limited .. most you could do is a new cart and maybe an acrylic table... dont get me wrong ... i started with an essential ... it was great ... but as you start to listen to more music, you just want more out of the table... dont forget too ... the essential needs a speed box to change between 33 and 45 RPM.. if you dont have a speed box you need to lift the platter and physically move the belt to a different pulley...

Thanks for the feedback @AGB

I'm mainly looking to get something of high quality that won't mess up my records at the best price possible while I get things sorted out for my dedicated music room after we moved. I wouldn't want to put any additional money into the setup if possible...I'd just spring for a new table. (I've had my eye on a Marantz for quite some time).

I agree though 550 seems like a good deal for the product. 

With all things considered it probably best to put that towards the Marantz I've been looking at but it will be much further down the line before I get a full room setup in order. So it comes down to weighing the options. 

Id get something cheaper that would still work nice but after looking at speakers and a preamp I'd be up in cost anyways. 

Ahhhh the decisions, haha

I have a pro-ject debut carbon turntable that I've been using for about 4 years (and love it) and also have been using klipsch speakers even longer and bought a second pair in time because they sound great for the price. Not the same set up as you described, but I'd say you can't go wrong with either company and at that price range

• 3 weeks later...

I have the  Klipsch R-15PM monitors on my Orbit TT and their great. I would interject that when I was looking for monitors, the R-15PM's popped up on Amazon for $280.00 on a "Last One" and I scooped them up, since I was looking for them I also had a couple bookmarked on ebay and just recently a new set sold for $255.00. Maybe give yourself some time and see if you can grab a deal on the monitors freeing up money for your TT...........just a thought.