New preorders:Drag/Dents,Tim Barry,Josh Small, LMD

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

We just set up pre-orders for 4 Suburban Home releases that are all going to be pressed on some ultra limited vinyl runs. I will be posting more info in the Vinyl Collective blog, but I wanted to share it with all of you first:

Drag the River / The Dents "Found All the Parts" LP

100 on White / 200 on Red

Tim Barry "Laurel St Demos" LP

100 on Brown / 200 on Orange/Red Swirl

Josh Small "Tall by Josh Small" double LP

200 on Burgundy and Gold

Love Me Destroyer "The Things Around us Burn" LP

100 on Blue/Orange half and half / 100 on grey marble

All are 140 to 160 gram vinyl, all have silk-screened jackets, and all come with a coupon for a full download of the album in mp3 format.

Because of how limited these pressings are, the price is a little more than what would charge for a single or double LP.

All of these records can be found in our pre-orders section:

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Preorders/

Guest Admin

these will ship towards the end of august. And trust me when I say that I hope to do a download coupon in all of our vinyl releases, but it is hard to get ok's from the labels we license vinyl from. I will keep asking though but for our own releases, you can count on it!

Guest conoley

Record-buying-induced poverty, meet Ben.

Ben, meet record-buying-induced poverty.

I think you two will get along just fine.

for you fine folks, I will put together some kind of bundling deal where you can get 1 of each. That cool?

It's funny I saw everyone's resposnes were going to be similar to mine, as in..."I'm gonna go broke"

I know I would be quite grateful if you threw up some combo package, as I had to get an oil change and new tires this month and that really hit the bank account hard!

I realized I order something from SH/VC at least every few months, sometimes once a month, you have me hooked.

for you fine folks, I will put together some kind of bundling deal where you can get 1 of each. That cool?

Also let us know if we can modify our current order or whatever. I ordered the majority of the records but not every variant. If there's going to be a deal of sorts, it'll probably make sense to get them all. Thanks.

Guest Admin

what do you guys think I should do for a deal? deals for each release so you can get both colors of each variety or a deal where you get 1 of each release? And if I do 1 of each release, I may end up having to do the less rare version of the tim and drag/dents. What do you all think?

and thanks for everyone's interest.

chiefwahoo, when we do some kind of combo deal, I will work something out with you with the order you already placed.

thanks everyone.

what do you guys think I should do for a deal?

I would pick up a '1 of each release' bundle and at the right price it wouldn't matter if it were the "less limited" run. People can pick and choose which of the more limited runs they want to pick up and this bundle would help move some titles.

For my bundle price, I'm a fan of nice round numbers.... like one that ends with a 0 and doesn't start with a 6. Pre-shipping price of course. Feel free to delete this post if the suggestion is too outrageous. You wouldn't need to make such a sweet deal for a 1 of everything (4 titles * 1.75 colors each) package... say, the largest two-digit number ending in a zero but postage paid (since the $3 shipping might hurt you on this one).

I'm sure these will sell out quick, especially the DTR and Barry releases. 300 total is next to nothing for these bands I would think. Plus there's a number of people that will likely buy both variants of them.

I still might pick up the Small record, but it was either 1 copy of the DTR / Barry releases or the Small record alone.