PO Now: Steven Wilson - To The Bone

1 hour ago, jackshidt said:

Steven's UK Website has been updated to say that a USA Online Store will be open soon to accept pre-orders for all formats of the new album.

Yay!

Crap! <_<

I already pre-ordered the deluxe and vinyl from the UK site.

I live in the USA and I would expect a cheaper shipping rate than $54 for the deluxe set. 

However, they may make the deluxe $100 in the USA store. That is how much the "Hand. Cannot. Erase." deluxe set was at Amoeba.

Will have to look at the US site when it goes live.

Edited by Plarocks

On 5/17/2017 at 3:04 PM, jackshidt said:

The USA Store is open for pre-orders now.   Priority Mail shipping for the Deluxe Set is $15.

Can you please provide a link?

Even on the old website, the shipping has gone down about $20.

I sent an e-mail to customer service. Hopefully they can lower my shipping charge to the new rate.

• 4 weeks later...

On 5/25/2017 at 1:08 PM, jackshidt said:

It's just stevenwilsonshop.com .

Thanks SO MUCH for posting this!

With the USA store, I was able to reduce my shipping charges from $64+ to $16.03 for BOTH the Box Set and the LP.

The only catch was I had to "pre pay" for the order. The UK Site was not going to charge until it shipped.

The SW UK shop got back to me within a day and I was able to cancel my $64+ shipping order.

Always finding the best deals on my tunes, with a little help from VC. :D

Edited by Plarocks

• 1 month later...

Man, just got a short heart attack:

Thank you for ordering the deluxe edition of Steven Wilson's To the Bone. Unfortunately due to an administrative error, purchases made in Germany were processed through the UK store. Consequently, we are having to cancel and refund these purchases. However, please don't worry. You will soon receive a link to complete a new purchase through the German store within the next 48 hours. We ask that you re-place your order limited to 1 boxset using the link we send and not to share this to avoid any issues with processing your specific order. We will send you an email again with the exact timing and date when this store will go live so you are prepared in time.

I hope this means I don't have to pay the ridiculous 25€ for shipping....and hopefully this version doesn't include this Bollywood-Shit-Song :D

The new track (Refuge) is just brilliant. Completely redeems Permenating in my eyes. Really looking forward to this album now. 

AND I managed to score a ticket for the signing in Oxford Street, London. Only 350 tickets, with an exclusive four track acoustic set with SW and Ninet Tayeb! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying the new album a lot, but I find myself skipping Permenating. It's just not a SW song to me, it's basically an ABBA song. I know he's an ABBA fan and everything, so I completely appreciate it's something he likes and enjoys, it's just not for me personally. 

That aside, I think the album is brilliant, Refuge and People Who Eat Darkness are my personal favourites. 

Oh and uh, I was at this! 

On 04/08/2017 at 5:24 PM, Le Gogh said:

The new track (Refuge) is just brilliant. Completely redeems Permenating in my eyes. Really looking forward to this album now. 

AND I managed to score a ticket for the signing in Oxford Street, London. Only 350 tickets, with an exclusive four track acoustic set with SW and Ninet Tayeb! 

He wasn't signing at my local store but I didn't get chance to get down there. Opportunity missed!

If anyone is interested I have a spare white copy from HMV in the UK. I pre-ordered one (see earlier in the thread) but had to purchase a copy at the signing as it hadn't turned up in time. 

Happy to sell at cost (£25 plus shipping) if anyone is interested. If not I'll pop it up on eBay or discogs tomorrow. PM me!

Edited by Le Gogh

On 22.8.2017 at 8:04 PM, Le Gogh said:

I'm really enjoying the new album a lot, but I find myself skipping Permenating. It's just not a SW song to me, it's basically an ABBA song. I know he's an ABBA fan and everything, so I completely appreciate it's something he likes and enjoys, it's just not for me personally. 

Couldn't listen to the record as closely as I wished yet...it's in total not bad, but nevertheless his worst in over 20 years IMO. Still better than 99.9% of all releases...

reg. Permanating...it IS an ABBA Song! Ignoring the fact that it's SW and this Bollywood crapshit video, it's quite an entertaining song...I always expect him to sing "Mamma Mia" in the chorus instead of "Permanating" :D

Still no real favorite...would say title song, Pariah and Song of Unborn...but I'll have to give it some real focussed listenings and not as background music in the car whole my boy cries on the backseat...

• 3 weeks later...