PO NOW: Wear Your Wounds - "Dunedevil"

Wear Your Wounds "Dunedevil" 12" LP

Gold inside blue /250

Silver inside blue  /250

Silver and blue mix /250

Release date: May 19th, item will ship before that date.
Comes w/ a Digital download code of the release.

For one week J. Bannon resided in the C-Scape Dune Shack (formerly known as the Cohen Shack) within the Peaked Hill Bars National Register Historical District in Provincetown, Massachusetts. This primitive environment inspired an outpouring of abstract mixed media work, photography, and music.

Each day, the skeleton of a song was recorded using a portable recording device powered by a Goal Zero solar power setup. The sounds were captured through an Apogee Duet using a Critter & Guitari mini piano, Martin Jr. guitar, assorted effects pedals, and a Shure SM7B microphone. Mike Mckenzie graciously played additional guitar on “Be Still My Heart” at a later date. All songs were then refined and mixed during the winter of 2016, and mastered by Brad Boatright at Audiosiege.

The release is meant to be an experimental musical companion piece to the J. Bannon “Dunedevil” art book. Though they can be enjoyed separately, it is suggested that you view the book and listen to the music at the same time. Please note that the book is available individually and is not included in the purchase of the album.

Recorded in the C-Scape Dune Shack in Provincetown, MA
Additional guitar on 7 by Mike McKenzie
Mixed by J. Bannon
Mastered by Brad Boatright

Here are all of the details.
The book and LP have a May 19th release date, but will be shipping prior to that date.

You can order the Book & LP (3 colors) direct at www.jacobbannon.com.
DW also has an exclusive color and books as well: www.deathwishinc.com / www.deathwishinc.eu

Thanks people.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

J. Bannon "Dunedevil" 300 Page Art Book and Wear Your Wounds companion album

jb.dunedevil.book.png?v=1494293938

For one week J. Bannon resided in the C-Scape Dune Shack (formerly known as the Cohen Shack) within the Peaked Hill Bars National Register Historical District in Provincetown, Massachusetts. This primitive environment inspired an outpouring of abstract mixed media work, photography, and music. The visual material from the experience is presented as “Dunedevil” by J. Bannon. Available as a nearly 300 page “smyth sewn” art book and Kindle edition, with a forward by acclaimed artist Thomas Hooper.

mini.wyw.dunedevil.3000px.jpg?v=14942927

Each day, the skeleton of a song was recorded using a portable recording device powered by a Goal Zero solar power setup. The sounds were captured through an Apogee Duet using a Critter & Guitari mini piano, Martin Jr. guitar, assorted effects pedals, and a Shure SM7B microphone. Mike Mckenzie graciously played additional guitar on “Be Still My Heart” at a later date. All songs were then refined and mixed during the winter of 2016, and mastered by Brad Boatright at Audiosiege. These recordings are presented as “Dunedevil”, an experimental album from Wear Your Wounds. Available on vinyl and digital formats.

4 variants were made of the LP, an approximate editions of 250 of each:

1. Gold & Blue Mix

2. Gold Inside Blue
3. Silver & Blue Mix

4. Silver Inside Blue

I let Caleb choose which one DW was to carry, and he chose "Gold & Blue" Mix.
The combo/effects are different in person for sure, though the colors used themselves are the same. Thanks.

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

sorry if I missed it but is there a bundle with the book and vinyl?

No bundle, but you can make your own! Thank you.

1 hour ago, jbannon said:

4 variants were made of the LP, an approximate editions of 250 of each:

1. Gold & Blue Mix

2. Gold Inside Blue
3. Silver & Blue Mix

4. Silver Inside Blue

I let Caleb choose which one DW was to carry, and he chose "Gold & Blue" Mix.
The combo/effects are different in person for sure, though the colors used themselves are the same. Thanks.

No bundle, but you can make your own! Thank you.

Thanks for clarifying. Looking forward to hearing what kind of field sounds you captured. I think I may have to start field sound recording as a hobby.