PO: Captain, We're Sinking - "The king of no Man" 06.23.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It's a bummer, but I'm not really surprised.  These dudes barely ever toured, and the last album didn't seem to get any attention.  Even here, this thread just died after it came out.  I liked the album fine, but it's no The Future Is Canceled.

Here's a slightly longer message from their Facebook:

Hulloh, friends! I guess we gotta do this here and now. We are no longer a band. Bum Out City, USA. We had a great time, doh! We are still the best of friends and we aim to keep it that way. Probably about half the reason why we are no longer going to continue with this band. We can't thank YOU ALL enough for the support, kind words, shows, conversations, floors to sleep on, food to eat and general shenanigans! We are all continuing with music with each other and without. We're very happy with what we've done with these 10 plus years as Captain, We're Sinking, but it's time to stop.

BE COOL, PEOPLE!

-C,WS!

3 hours ago, lbw87 said:

their early ep's are some of the greatest stuff...even future was solid...this album didn't really do it for me though

regardless i'm pretty bummed

Agree with this completely, its a good album but definitely wasn't as good as the rest of their catalogue