PO: Lo Tom (David Bazan/TW Walsh/Starflyer 59)

10 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I still haven't ordered Care. Ugh. I'm so late with Bazan stuff.

It's been a banner year for Bazan stuff - 4 full-lengths and a handful of loose tracks is a far cry from the 3 year wait between Strange Negotiations and Bazan Monthly with nothing other than a Deerhoof split to keep warm.

10 hours ago, AlexH. said:

It's been a banner year for Bazan stuff - 4 full-lengths and a handful of loose tracks is a far cry from the 3 year wait between Strange Negotiations and Bazan Monthly with nothing other than a Deerhoof split to keep warm.

Lol. Remember the oasis from Achilles's Heel to the solo EP? 

• 2 months later...

got shipping notice for this and The New Year - Snow on white from Undertow earlier this week. cannot fucking wait. have only heard the single from this and am looking forward to spinning the whole thing. if you haven't purchased this yet and plan to, grab The New Year album, because it is the best release of 2017 so far. just a perfect record.

• 3 years later...

I'm excited for this release.  Love the single, love the album art.  Walsh says it's going to be lyrically and musically darker than the first Lo Tom LP.
But... I never know about these kickstarter preorders...  even the CD would be $20 once factoring in shipping.  Gotta wonder if the vinyl will be available for sale for a bit cheaper on their merch page or bandcamp 6 months from now.   That's happened to me before.  I've also supported a few where they only made enough for those pledging so it's either buy an overpriced LP or miss out.

I know times are tough for a lot of artists right now... but $37 shipped is a lot for one LP.  Is it even gatefold?  But it looks like they are now less than $1,000 away from their $25,000 goal so what do I know?

The CD has appeal because it comes with bonus demo tracks... wish they'd do something similar for the vinyl. 

Love these guys! I’m super excited for this. I went in for the most deluxe package, but I would happily just donate that much to anything Bazan related without getting anything in return, so the price doesn’t bother me. I would guess there would be a standard version that you could get later once it’s been released for a more standard price. 

• 5 weeks later...