PO: Papa Roach - Crooked Teeth

$750, roadie for a day. 

So let me get this straight, I pay you a weeks wage to carry your shit from the trailer to the stage for a few hours before the show. Tear down and carry it all back again at 2am.

Sold

Edited by Tommy

Someone paid $600,000 for their studio?  That is shocking that someone had over half a million to just spend like that.  I see a bunch of these album pledges over the past few years.  I am so surprised at the bands that do them though.  I can't believe bands that have been around for 5, 10, or more years would not have the funds to record a new album and need these pledges to do so.

10 hours ago, Sunshine said:

They sold out of the football jerseys. I'm out.

But seriously the deluxe version is 29 tracks. I can't imagine what sitting through a 29 song Papa Roach album in 2017 would be like. I don't want to.

WOW!  29 tracks, I wonder if all 29 are songs?  I looked on wikipedia and it said the album is only 10 songs and the deluxe is 13 but on the pledge page it does says 29.  Holycow!  Maybe it includes a demo version of some songs and acoustic version of others?

47 minutes ago, Gutterball said:

WOW!  29 tracks, I wonder if all 29 are songs?  I looked on wikipedia and it said the album is only 10 songs and the deluxe is 13 but on the pledge page it does says 29.  Holycow!  Maybe it includes a demo version of some songs and acoustic version of others?

Deluxe versions this long are almost always live albums...I'd be surprised if it wasn't.  

Edit: yep, it's a live album

https://www.amazon.com/Crooked-Teeth-Deluxe-Papa-Roach/dp/B06XSC1FCL

Edited by mmhmm

18 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Y'all remember playing Tony Hawk 2 and being randomly subjected to Papa Roach? The only bad thing about that game. 

U jk m8?

Restart level until I heard that PUMPING guitar riff and then I knew I was about to throw down the sickest manual combo for a whole 2 minutes. 

50 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Y'all remember playing Tony Hawk 2 and being randomly subjected to Papa Roach? The only bad thing about that game. 

Annnnnnd now I have that Powerman 5000 song stuck in my head and I'm having flashbacks to endlessly trying to wallride all the bells in the school level

Edit: I was wrong, it was collecting SKATE on that level that took me for god damn ever.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

13 hours ago, Gutterball said:

I can't believe bands that have been around for 5, 10, or more years would not have the funds to record a new album and need these pledges to do so.

Some bands are not smart with money and get taken advantage of, leaving them in a position where they have to do something like this.

If we are talking about PR specifically, I don't think they HAD to do this. I'm pretty sure they could have funded it themselves, as they still have a fairly healthy touring business, and I'm sure they sell SOME records and get some streaming income… but I think doing it this way is easy, less risk, and less up-front expense out of their own pocket. 

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Annnnnnd now I have that Powerman 5000 song stuck in my head and I'm having flashbacks to endlessly trying to wallride all the bells in the school level

Edit: I was wrong, it was collecting SKATE on that level that took me for god damn ever.

Yeah the letters were all over the place on the school level. It was dope when you launched over the wall and the Carlsbad gap was right fuckin' there. I used to do all the real tricks that had been done down it. Gonz rail, Leap of Faith, and Carlsbad gap all in one damn level.