PO: Dead Cross (Mike Patton)

59 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

Single is pretty underwhelming to be honest.

I know Mike has been dealing with his mental health as of late, but between the last "Bungle" album and this, I get the distinct feeling he's just phoning it in. 

Would love another Tomahawk or FNM album when he gets it together...

Holy shit, the last Mr. Bungle album is a top three Patton album for me. 

9 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Holy shit, the last Mr. Bungle album is a top three Patton album for me. 

Interesting... and you're including FNM, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, solo work, scores, collaborations? 

Don't get me wrong, I bought vinyl/CD yearbook/cassette and find it to be a fun album, but not even remotely close to his best work. 

2 hours ago, BeerMonger said:

Interesting... and you're including FNM, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, solo work, scores, collaborations? 

Don't get me wrong, I bought vinyl/CD yearbook/cassette and find it to be a fun album, but not even remotely close to his best work. 

Yup, talking everything. It's my favorite non-FNM Patton work for sure. 

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Ok, so I’m wondering if Ipecac is guilty of not listening to their test presses again, or could the locked groove that’s happening on the second track, “Animal Espionage” be intentional? It’s such a tight loop, it seems like it was on purpose? 

My copy has the same issue. They are already sending a replacement - hopefully it's not on every one. Did they learn nothing from the (A) Senile Animal debacle? 

3 hours ago, rickker said:

My copy has the same issue. They are already sending a replacement - hopefully it's not on every one. Did they learn nothing from the (A) Senile Animal debacle? 

I honestly think they didn’t learn a thing from the Melvins debacle! I haven’t heard anyone claim their copy is solid. 

Just posted this on their IG:

HI everyone, so it appears there was a manufacturing defect on some of the Dead Cross II vinyl. There’s a skip on the second track, that has appeared on some of the variants.

We’ve opened our copies, and there’s records that play totally fine (check out the videos), so we’re not sure where in the process this happened and how many records were affected. But it’s something we wouldn’t be aware of until the records were in your hands.

We’re working things out with our manufacturer right now, so please be patient and send us an email at [email protected] if you ended up with a bad copy, and we’ll keep you updated on replacements.

Thanks as always for your support, we unfortunately have just been struck with some bad luck here.

Ipecac Recordings

31 minutes ago, rickker said:

Just posted this on their IG:

HI everyone, so it appears there was a manufacturing defect on some of the Dead Cross II vinyl. There’s a skip on the second track, that has appeared on some of the variants.

We’ve opened our copies, and there’s records that play totally fine (check out the videos), so we’re not sure where in the process this happened and how many records were affected. But it’s something we wouldn’t be aware of until the records were in your hands.

We’re working things out with our manufacturer right now, so please be patient and send us an email at [email protected] if you ended up with a bad copy, and we’ll keep you updated on replacements.

Thanks as always for your support, we unfortunately have just been struck with some bad luck here.

Ipecac Recordings

Again.

6 minutes ago, faaip de oiad said:

Welp, mine's got the skip too. I emailed Ipecac about it this morning. I wonder if we'll get the same variant replaced or if we just get a refund 🤔 

And yeah this album is a burner! ☠✝️

They sent me another 'pee tape'. I haven't gotten a chance to check it yet.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,  just got an update about the defective pressings:

Hi everyone,

You're getting this email as you signed up on the Google Form about the Dead Cross Vinyl error. We wanted to get an update out before the end of the year.

We've been talking to our manufacturer weekly and they're currently in the process of making new lacquers. As you might know with vinyl production, these things take some time, so we're still awaiting a timeline on replacement vinyl.

Unfortunately we will never know which of the finished product out there is good vs bad, so we'd rather make fresh new discs to send to everyone.

If you didn't want to wait anymore, you can always return the record to your point of purchase for a full refund.

We'll hopefully have some more updates at the top of the year, and really appreciate your patience here.

Thanks again for all the support and hope you have a great holiday season.

Ipecac Recordings

• 3 months later...

Just received an update on the replacement:

Hi everyone,

It's been a second since you got an update from us, so here's the latest on the Dead Cross vinyl.

We finally got new test presses and approved them yesterday, so the next step is getting new records made and distributed to you and stores.

What we're doing for people on this list is a special very limited variant, which we'll have details for in the next couple months. We'll only be sending the disc itself out, so make sure to keep your copy as we're not replacing the jacket and sleeve.

Once we have the exact date these will be ready, we'll share that, but again we're talking about vinyl, so it will probably be a couple more months.

Thanks again for all your patience and support.

Ipecac Recordings