PO: Onra - The Chinoiseries Trilogy (deluxe)

Not sure if anyone interested but there is a small repress of the deluxe edition of this very special hiphop release.  The first round sold out pretty quickly so better jump on it if you like what you hear.

https://onra.bandcamp.com/album/chinoiseries-pt-3

Almost 10 years have passed since Onra arrived with the charmingly eccentric Chinoiseries LP. 32 Hip-Hop beats formed the sample-based project - dusty Chinese vinyl hissing and crackling throughout – resulting in an intriguing and spontaneous mix of the producers interest in exploring a newly-discovered style of Music with his love for classic Hip-Hop production.
Using the style of analogue MPC production combined with the somewhat restrictive record sampling of strictly Chinese Music records, he has been able to be creative over three volumes, an amount of 100 instrumentals, despite the challenge of finding more obviously standout samples in Chinese music.

27 minutes ago, anchorlessbodies said:

True, but this release is really something more. I do not like hiphop in general but in love with Onra's output and approach so have to grab this one. Anyway, it seems only 18 copies remained.

I agree. This whole series has been solid from front to back I listen to it all the time at work. Some of the earlier parts alone go for around $90 so I agree it's pricey but knew I'd be kicking myself later if I waited...

Also going for around $200 on Discogs so food for thought...