PO: Broken Social Scene - Hug Of Thunder 2 LP on clear vinyl

Preorder is up for the new Broken Social Scene record, Hug of Thunder.  I'm currently in France, so it is directing me to the euro site for preorder:

http://hugofthunder.bigcartel.com/

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. YOUR PACKAGE WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND JULY 7.

First run vinyl features clear vinyl, 140g double-LP, gatefold jacket (matte UV), printed vinyl sleeves (matte UV), and a 28 page booklet with stitched spine affixed to jacket. Artwork layout and design by two-time JUNO Award-winner (and Broken Social Scene's drummer) Justin Peroff and kimikimo. LP includes the vinyl-only bonus track "Old Dead Young".

Hug Of Thunder marks the fifth studio album from Canadian alt-rock supergroup Broken Social Scene, their first in seven years. Founded in ‘99 by Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning, the new album features 15 players including original members Emily Haines and Jimmy Shaw of Metric, Amy Millan and Evan Cranley of Stars, Charles Spearin and Ohad Benchetrit of Do Make Say Think, and Grammy-nominated Leslie Feist.

Hug Of Thunder is everything BSS fans love from the Canadian collective and then some, an album overflowing with glorious open chords, multi-voice harmonies, spacious psychedelia- tinted breakdowns, and more. It is a panoramic, expansive album that manages to be both epic and intimate; and like all things BSS, in troubled times, it offers a serotonin rush of positivity. Since their inception in the early Aughts, BSS have always pushed sonic boundaries while remaining reverent of a perfect chorus; almost twenty years down the line, Hug Of Thunder sharpens that balance and then some. The record’s twelve songs refract the band’s varying emotions, methods, and techniques in ways that not only reference their other albums, but surpass them. Hug Oo Thunder is righteous but warm, angry but loving, melodic but uncompromising. And if you’ve ever fallen in love with Broken Social Scene - as many of us have - it is a perfect return that was truly worth the wait.

1. Sol Luna
2. Halfway Home
3. Protest Song
4. Skyline
5. Stay Happy
6. Vanity Pail Kids
7. Hug Of Thunder
8. Towers and Masons
9. Victim Lover
10. Please Take Me With You
11. Gonna Get Better
12. Mouth Guards of The Apocalypse

It's nice to know I can walk into an indie store around here and probably find the PO variant easily considering it usually can cost be between 40-50 CAD for most US or International variants. 

Heck, I am 100m from the A&C office (that's like 300 feet) and may just pick it up at Field Trip (their yearly festival). Excited to see what they come up with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed on the Arts & Crafts website that they're now saying the coke bottle clear is /500 and exclusive to pre-order. If you're hesitating, you might want to jump on this soon.

First 500 run vinyl features coke bottle clear vinyl (exclusive to pre-order purchases), 140g double-LP, gatefold jacket (matte UV), printed vinyl sleeves (matte UV), and a 28 page booklet with stitched spine affixed to jacket. Artwork layout and design by two-time JUNO Award-winner (and Broken Social Scene's drummer) Justin Peroff and kimikimo. LP includes the vinyl-only bonus track "Old Dead Young".

http://brokensocialscene.craft-shop.ca/brokensocialscene-hugofthunder

On 2017-05-15 at 6:28 PM, Canuckle said:

It's nice to know I can walk into an indie store around here and probably find the PO variant easily considering it usually can cost be between 40-50 CAD for most US or International variants. 

Hope you didn't sleep on it like I did... literally waited for pay day and then woke up today and see this message:

On 2017-05-24 at 10:24 PM, Subdomestic said:

First 500 run vinyl featured coke bottle clear vinyl (sold out), 140g double-LP still available, gatefold jacket (matte UV), printed vinyl sleeves (matte UV), and a 28 page booklet with stitched spine affixed to jacket. Artwork layout and design by two-time JUNO Award-winner (and Broken Social Scene's drummer) Justin Peroff and kimikimo. LP includes the vinyl-only bonus track "Old Dead Young".

• 4 weeks later...

I'm doing local pickup at A&C's office and I haven't heard anything from them yet either. Maybe they're waiting until Friday.

*edit*

When I log into my account through the Arts & Crafts website, it doesn't show up in my order history either; all I see is the downloads. However, if I go through the link in my order confirmation email it's there.

Edited by Subdomestic