PO Now: Puddle of Mudd - Come Clean

In reality, I do understand why. That album was really big at the turn of the new millennium and they've been on a big new millennium era Rock kick lately especially with the Mudvayne stuff which I like their first and second records so if Puddle Of Mudd has to come with for me to get two great Mudvayne albums (if they actually press the second one) I can deal with it. I know some people look at Mudvayne the way I look down on Puddle of Mudd so I have to accept it but I still have to say I think their music is garbage. Of course I realize that many people find that most of what I listen to to be garbage. Its all a crapshoot. 

6 hours ago, natenomm said:

Seems like Music on Vinyl is pressing Puddle of Mudd's Come Clean on clear vinyl, limited to 1000. As a fan of garbage music, I'm a fan of this news. 

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25101120/puddle-of-mudd-come-clean-clear-vinyl-import-eu 

Hate all you want. :lol:

I was looking for this when this was a new album. Even dreamt I found an "import pressing" of this at the Arbutis Record show in Maryland.

Precognitive dream?

Quickly pre-ordered along with The Cranes MOV. Thanks for posting. :D

Lol I think its funny how those who grew up in the 90s like to hate on those within the same group (including myself) who obviously listened to this stuff when it came out. If not, what the hell were you listening to? Freakin Beck and Radiohead at age 8-9? Doubtful. I listened to the radio. Cuz thats what was on in the car that I rode in. 

So if an album is being repressed that gives me a sense of nostalgia and looking back on the days when both of my parents were still alive and together, then let me do so in peace. It doesnt mean I'm some meathead who STILL listens to that stuff. Obvisouly I've moved on, and GREW UP since then. Doesn't mean I wont ever listen to it again. 

I know I will. Especially when ever I pick this up and spin it for the first time. Bahahaha

I was 9 in 1993 and was very discerning about what I listened to. By 1995 I knew how to select my own music based on my own tastes and how to look for similar stuff and try to avoid the coming Butt Rock trend. I navigated it well throughout the '99-current trend of awfulness, especially from modern Rock radio. By the time I had the internet in my home in 2000, I knew how to find good music. Of course, that is subjective. However, sometimes you know a corporate-whore-mimic in music when you hear one.

It's great that the people in this thread that like this band can not only roll with the punches, but also understand that sometimes people like things that most people think is awful and just accept it, embrace it, and not get offended when people rip on it. 

So do you like Puddle Of Mudd. You can always make yourself feel better remembering that at least it's not Dave Matthews Band, amirite?

6 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Lol I think its funny how those who grew up in the 90s like to hate on those within the same group (including myself) who obviously listened to this stuff when it came out. If not, what the hell were you listening to? Freakin Beck and Radiohead at age 8-9? Doubtful. I listened to the radio. Cuz thats what was on in the car that I rode in. 

So if an album is being repressed that gives me a sense of nostalgia and looking back on the days when both of my parents were still alive and together, then let me do so in peace. It doesnt mean I'm some meathead who STILL listens to that stuff. Obvisouly I've moved on, and GREW UP since then. Doesn't mean I wont ever listen to it again. 

I know I will. Especially when ever I pick this up and spin it for the first time. Bahahaha

Beck and Radiohead were on the radio a LONG time before Puddle of Mudd... in fact, there was some legit weird/dope shit on the radio in the 90s

I was a shit head Numetal 13-14 year old when Puddle of Mudd came out. I was stoked when they dropped from from the Deftones show I had tickets to.

Nostalgia for shitty music you liked as a youth is fine, but don't expect people not to make fun of it. Especially when it's some fourth rate wannabe shit like Puddle of Mudd.

For the sake of transparency: that same year I saw Limp Bizkit live, bought that first Papa Roach album, loved Korn, and thought discovering Tool meant I was the coolest kid in school.

My mom bought this CD and loved it, back when I was probably 12 or so.  I bet it's still in the CD wallet in the glovebox of her Toyota.  I've actually heard it quite a few times back in the day, start to finish, and obviously have some memories associated with that.  If I wanted to revisit those memories, I'd fire up Spotify and plug in some earbuds at a really low volume.  Or shut the blinds and launch a full-album YouTube video to let it play in the background.

Exaggeration aside, I have in fact revisited stuff from my youth just for that aww shit nostalgic factor.  But after one play of the album – sometimes less – I quickly realize that there's a reason it didn't age well or live on with my tastes, and I've gotten my fill.  For me, personally, a stream scratches that itch when the mood is right.  I'd never dream of paying money or wasting shelf-space to physically possess albums that I'd have to defend the ownership of with "but dude, the nostalgia"... but that's just me.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

My mom bought this CD and loved it, back when I was probably 12 or so.  I bet it's still in the CD wallet in the glovebox of her Toyota.  I've actually heard it quite a few times back in the day, start to finish, and obviously have some memories associated with that.  If I wanted to revisit those memories, I'd fire up Spotify and plug in some earbuds at a really low volume.  Or shut the blinds and launch a full-album YouTube video to let it play in the background.

Exaggeration aside, I have in fact revisited stuff from my youth just for that aww shit nostalgic factor.  But after one play of the album – sometimes less – I quickly realize that there's a reason it didn't age well or live on with my tastes, and I've gotten my fill.  For me, personally, a stream scratches that itch when the mood is right.  I'd never dream of paying money or wasting shelf-space to physically possess albums that I'd have to defend the ownership of with "but dude, the nostalgia"... but that's just me.

I feel like I need to make a confession, given the hype I see on these boards...Coheed and Cambria...I just...

I loved C&C in high school. I saw them right after IKSSE3 came out at a tiny venue. I saw them a couple months before and then right after Good Apollo came out, at somewhat larger but still "intimate" venues.

I tried listening to IKSSE3 when the repress happened and couldn't make it through an entire song. Same thing with Good Apollo when the pressing was announced a few months ago. I preordered the CD with the signed (I think) graphic novel. I had a giant stack of "IV" stickers from the shows. 10 years later and I literally couldn't listen to a whole song.

I have a lot of nostalgia influenced record purchases, but you can't let nostalgia be a set of blinders. I've saved myself a lot of money that way. This coming from a 30 year old who went to see Thursday a couple weeks ago and had a god damn blast. Tickets and drinks for 2 came to $100 before tip. I paid it all so my girlfriend would humor me and I have no regrets.

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

13 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I feel like I need to make a confession, given the hype I see on these boards...Coheed and Cambria...I just...

I loved C&C in high school. I saw them right after IKSSE3 came out at a tiny venue. I saw them a couple months before and then right after Good Apollo came out, at somewhat larger but still "intimate" venues.

I tried listening to IKSSE3 when the repress happened and couldn't make it through an entire song. Same thing with Good Apollo when the pressing was announced a few months ago. I preordered the CD with the signed (I think) graphic novel. I had a giant stack of "IV" stickers from the shows. 10 years later and I literally couldn't listen to a whole song.

I have a lot of nostalgia influenced record purchases, but you can't let nostalgia be a set of blinders. I've saved myself a lot of money that way. This coming from a 30 year old who went to see Thursday a couple weeks ago and had a god damn blast. Tickets and drinks for 2 came to $100 before tip. I paid it all so my girlfriend would humor me and I have no regrets.

Its funny you should use the Coheed analogy because most of my listening to them was heaviest in about late 2005 through 2006 and IKS and IV were the albums that got the most play from me, and I still find much of what I found satisfying about it then, satisfying now. It doesn't have the intensity of the impact it had on me then but it has some nostalgia factor and retains "current taste" factor. I did listen to my IKS repress (2nd copy due to first one having silibance) all the way through and the material itself never felt grating except for maybe "The Camper Velorium I: Faint Of Hearts" because  that song is a bit too mid-80's Journey-esque, or possibly something worse, for my tastes but the album stood up as worth the money and shelf space. I feel confident that I'll feel similar when I get my standard copy of GAIBSIV.

3 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Its funny you should use the Coheed analogy because most of my listening to them was heaviest in about late 2005 through 2006 and IKS and IV were the albums that got the most play from me, and I still find much of what I found satisfying about it then, satisfying now. It doesn't have the intensity of the impact it had on me then but it has some nostalgia factor and retains "current taste" factor. I did listen to my IKS repress (2nd copy due to first one having silibance) all the way through and the material itself never felt grating except for maybe "The Camper Velorium I: Faint Of Hearts" because  that song is a bit too mid-80's Journey-esque, or possibly something worse, for my tastes but the album stood up as worth the money and shelf space. I feel confident that I'll feel similar when I get my standard copy of GAIBSIV.

Absolutely 100% of this, word for word.  Down to the years of heavy playtime.  The only thing I'd chime in is that I'd add SSTB to IKS and IV to make it a holy trinity.  I also gave NWFT a fair shake since IV ended on such a good note for me in their discography – I was overwhelmingly excited for that album.  And while it's not horrible, I convinced myself that I liked it a lot more than I actually did for a very long time.  I was a naive teenager, I guess.  Everything after that has really lost me, but I still can still throw on one of those first 3 albums when I get the urge, and find plenty to enjoy outside of nostalgia.

17 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This coming from a 30 year old who went to see Thursday a couple weeks ago and had a god damn blast. Tickets and drinks for 2 came to $100 before tip. I paid it all so my girlfriend would humor me and I have no regrets.

I'm not too far from 30 and I'm still pretty salty that I missed my opportunity to catch Thursday this tour.  It just wasn't in the timing and availability for me.  I've never caught them and I'd really like to, at least once.  I still own their discography with zero shame.