Chris Cornell (1964-2017)

57 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2017/05/19/Chris-Cornells-wife-lawyer-say-Ativan-use-may-have-contributed-to-his-death/4991495189256/

When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different. When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him.

Just reading up on Ativan.  One possible side effect is thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself.  I know it is speculation at this point, but damn :(

27 minutes ago, Mars said:

Just reading up on Ativan.  One possible side effect is thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself.  I know it is speculation at this point, but damn :(

"What is Ativan?

Ativan (lorazepam) belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines. Lorazepam affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with anxiety.

Ativan is used to treat anxiety disorders.

Ativan may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide."

"Ativan side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Ativan: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have:

severe drowsiness;

thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;

unusual changes in mood or behavior;

confusion, aggression, hallucinations;

worsened sleep problems;

sudden restless feeling or excitement;

muscle weakness, drooping eyelids, trouble swallowing;

vision changes; or

upper stomach pain, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).

Common Ativan side effects may include:

dizziness, drowsiness;

weakness;

slurred speech, lack of balance or coordination;

memory problems; or

feeling unsteady. "

Ugh, the worst part about this latest wrinkle is we'll never know yeah? Sure they can find Ativan in his system, it doesn't sound like that's in dispute. But can we know if that's what caused him to do it? Was he perhaps contemplating it and this fucked him up and lowered his inhibitions to go through with it? His actions don't sound like a man about to say goodbye to the world. Suicide is usually planned out far in advance, choosing the time and place long before the act finally takes place. Been thinking about that a lot. Did he choose Detroit as his final night on purpose? The "In My Time of Dying" tag on Slaves and Bulldozers (performed all tour long btw) as a haunting message? And now this. Maybe he's just altered, perhaps in a bad spot prior to this, and just goes through with it? If it helps the family to believe that, I don't blame them one bit. Just awful. 

11 minutes ago, negavinyl said:

His actions don't sound like a man about to say goodbye to the world. Suicide is usually planned out far in advance, choosing the time and place long before the act finally takes place. 

Prescription drugs can really wreak havoc on your brain and quickly (and unknowingly) cause a chemical imbalance.

Not saying that is what happened, but it's starting to sound like it.

That is a listed side effect that is on every anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medicine. I take Ativan to help me relieve negative feelings like suicidal thoughts, so perhaps he took it to attempt to help but it didn't work. Blame the medicine though since we will never know what was going on in his head.

On 5/18/2017 at 5:25 PM, Mars said:

No need to be a dick

I recognize and acknowledged that it was likely a joke.  But it was in poor taste and it was too soon, and so I commented (rather mildly, imo).

I'm a pretty laid back guy, but don't tell me how to "take shit".

The internet is full of shit. You can take it or eat it, your pick bud...

Image result for why so serious