PO Now: LIARS - TFCF & Sequel Album

This is bittersweet....

http://mute.com/mute...-festival- dates

LIARS return in 2017 bearing new recordings from deep in the Australian bush.

The bustling backdrops of Los Angeles, Berlin and New York have been replaced with a presence far more intimate and autobiographical as Liars once again boldly step out of their comfort zone into vastly new musical territory.

To get a glimpse of the forthcoming album, out in August, watch these five short clips: http://po.st/LIARSTFCFYT and follow the playlist to be the first to see and hear additional material, new clips will be added throughout the summer.

Following an amicable parting of ways with Aaron Hemphill, Angus Andrew decamped to his native Australia to create an album unlike any Liars had attempted before.

In Angus’ words: “My favourite feeling is going into the complete unknown. What’s the point in making something you know you can? My goal was to make creative decisions that keep me awake at night.”

Liars also announce a string of festival dates in Europe and the US this summer ahead of the release of what will be the eighth Liars studio album. With a new touring band joining Angus, the dates will include the first London appearance since 2014’s inflammatory Village Underground headline show, at VISIONS festival in London on 5 August. Full details below with more to be confirmed.

2 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

What can the do to top their previous special edition LPs?!

Hopefully something that's able to sit on my shelf. My wax WIXIW is separated due to its fragile nature, and my stringy MESS is in a drawer because the extra plastic makes it so damn big.

Just now, trickster said:

Unfortunately I am still looking to get Mess On A Mission RSD 12" to pair with my stringy Mess. 

So many years later and the price hasn't dropped significantly for this one. Anyone remember the retail price?

The LIARS webstore was selling copies for $50 up until a few weeks ago, haven't checked recently though. I'm not sure what original retail was...

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

The LIARS webstore was selling copies for $50 up until a few weeks ago, haven't checked recently though. I'm not sure what original retail was...

I see that discogs has some copies for lower than $50 but still kinda pricey for me. 

I guess my $30 limit for this one will never be met. 

I was at the official store about an hour ago trying to see if there was a preorder for the new album and they only have clothing items. 

2 hours ago, trickster said:

I am also anxiously waiting to see what the limited edition will be. 

Unfortunately I am still looking to get Mess On A Mission RSD 12" to pair with my stringy Mess. 

So many years later and the price hasn't dropped significantly for this one. Anyone remember the retail price?

Retail was around $18ish

2 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Trickster....you expanding your message board horizons!

Welcome, but yeah $50 is well worth it for the record (especially since thats what the band is selling them for!)

Yip!

I could pay $50 for it but I never seem to have any leftover cash. Between TMR habit and favorite band releases I am always too broke

• 4 weeks later...

Did some gumshoe work... and I found the first freakin' PO!

"Theme From Crying Fountain" is the name of the new LP and it's out 8/25

https://www.bengans.se/sv/artiklar/liars-theme-from-crying-fountain-2.html

http://cdon.se/musik/liars/theme_from_crying_fountain-40392362

Praying an official announcement and PO goes up this week. With a saucy special edition like LIARS do.

Edited by lethalenforcer

• 3 weeks later...

Special edition is pricey but I can't miss that extra disc. Plus, sandpaper?

Limited Edition Deluxe Double Vinyl - 1000 copies only

Limited edition deluxe double vinyl featuring TFCF on red vinyl plus an addition piece of vinyl which includes unreleased music created especially for the 420 Estuary Angler Edition. 

This deluxe version is packaged to reflect the environment the album was recorded in, the design incorporates leaves and sand. 2 pieces of sandpaper have been hand branded Liars TFCF and attached to the sleeve. Limited to 1000 copies worldwide.

• 1 month later...