Apologize about my last topic

Guest Khappa MJ

34 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I usually think of a hot sandwich as having the meat/filling hot as well. Any time I've had a bahn mi the bread has been warmed, but the inside is still relatively cool or slightly warm at best.

I love a good bahn mi, but I'd say it's cold and it doesn't compare to a great cheeseburger, cheesesteak, meatball sub or chicken parm sammie. Fuck I want a chicken parm sandwich.

just had to do an 11 am lunch thanks to this

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

One of these days or threads, VinylMario is going to post something that's actually funny which will make someone sensibly chuckle or at least grin.  But today is not that day, and this is not that thread.

Seriously. I've been so close to snarky replies to him all day, but what you said is the perfect amount of sass.

1 hour ago, Mars said:

I don't know how I've never heard of bahn mi before, but now I'm on the hunt to find a local shop so I can try it.

Do yourself a favor and find a crummy looking little shop with one lady working who barely speaks any english. It'll be an amazing sandwich. We've got a couple places like that around here and I love them all.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, daegor said:

Hot Sandwiches are better, hands down.

AND any cold sandwich can be made better by making it hot, FACT.  Toast that bread, sear those coldcuts, and melt the cheese before putting on the rest of the toppings, gold.

I hate those Greek sub shops that just automatically toast your bread/sub. Toasted bread does not go with an Italian sub, and I sure as hell do not want mayo on it either. Bleh. WTF?

6 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I hate those Greek sub shops that just automatically toast your bread/sub. Toasted bread does not go with an Italian sub, and I sure as hell do not want mayo on it either. Bleh. WTF?

Well I would agree that automatically toasting is a bit rude (unless it's implied in the name of the item), you sir, are wrong.  Heat + Meat + Mayo = good.

Though honestly I would never buy an Italian sub (especially from a greek place?) when there are a million better sandwich choices.

Toasted? Yes, especially for sauce-heavy sammiches where the sauces get baked into the bread a little and it only helps to prevent the sauces turning the bread into mush. Cold cuts and egg salad and a few others probably should stay room temperature, granted.

Mayo? Never for Italian or Greek anything. "WTF" indeed. Harumph. Having said that, I'm a sucker for mayo, I even put it on hot dogs  :o:o:o

P.S. If your banh mi comes with a generous butter-knife spread of 100% pure trans-fat lard "paste" before any of the other ingredients, then you've essentially hit nirvana and can transcend your mortal coil without much worry... probably accelerated by clogged arteries but whatchugonnado ehhhhhhh?

Edited by armadillo01