new RARE / COLLECTABLE ONLY store in NYC wants to buy your rare records

thepunkguy

I am opening up a brick and mortar store in NYC that will be specializing in collectable, rare and out of print indie / punk / emo / etc..

we're not opening for two months but I am currently looking for collections or valuable rare independent records.

the store will be different from other stores in the fact that everything we will carry will be out of print.

we will carry test pressings, one of kind items, along with some inexpensive out of print records ..

please contact here .  thanks.

Kristian 

also for all those who care.  we have an instagram set up.@limitedtoonenyc

Edited by thepunkguy

21 hours ago, thepunkguy said:

I am opening up a brick and mortar store in NYC that will be specializing in collectable, rare and out of print indie / punk / emo / etc..

we're not opening for two months but I am currently looking for collections or valuable rare independent records.

the store will be different from other stores in the fact that everything we will carry will be out of print.

we will carry test pressings, one of kind items, along with some inexpensive out of print records ..

please contact here .  thanks.

Kristian 

That sounds like a phenomenal idea. I sometimes want to find rare and cool stuff at b&m's but it just doesn't happen. Good luck! I'll have to fly over from Miami and check it out one day.

2 hours ago, JorgeRodriguez689 said:

That sounds like a phenomenal idea. I sometimes want to find rare and cool stuff at b&m's but it just doesn't happen. Good luck! I'll have to fly over from Miami and check it out one day.

please do!

we're trying to do some really cool new ideas for the store.

1 hour ago, texan4life said:

Think you'll be open by mid August? Heading to Boston/NY around then and would fit a visit here into my agenda.

yea our goal is 08/01.

6 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Just curious, so many stores have come and gone in the last few years in the village due to renter demands 

How do you think an even smaller niche market will survive? 

trust me.  it's a question I have been thinking about a lot.

first of all.

we're working with a few different labels to offer out of print items. and sold out po's at non flipper prices.

so let's say you missed a PO for something from a label, we're going to try to carry those.

also, NYC is on the one place where there's enough foot traffic and bands touring and interest

from collectors.

second.

this store really doesn't exist, you know? the goal is, is to have a store filled with "wall records".

honestly, I know it's a gamble but I have been collecting for a while and I am going to try to make this

the store I would love to go to as a customer.

also.  our rent is pretty low and we got a deal for a bit of time on it.

it's not going to be a HUGE store.  

if you have ideas or input, i would love to hear it.  

Awesome, interested to see how you guys compete with Generation and Turntable Lab. It's interesting how the NY stores seem to have a speciality.  Been doing a lot of exploring since I moved here in March. TTL has great hip hop and jazz (although new). Generation has solid punk and hardcore. Academy is great for classical. So I'm hoping that you guys see success. I might have some things to unload for inventory. I'll look through my list and see what I'd want to part with. Best of luck! Looking forward to stopping by when you guys open.

46 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Awesome, interested to see how you guys compete with Generation and Turntable Lab. It's interesting how the NY stores seem to have a speciality.  Been doing a lot of exploring since I moved here in March. TTL has great hip hop and jazz (although new). Generation has solid punk and hardcore. Academy is great for classical. So I'm hoping that you guys see success. I might have some things to unload for inventory. I'll look through my list and see what I'd want to part with. Best of luck! Looking forward to stopping by when you guys open.

31 minutes ago, jameslovesvinyl said:

What a sick idea!  I lived in the Village last summer and I work in Manhattan... will definitely check this out!

Maybe I'll come by with some things to contribute.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. 

I've been to Japan a few times and couldn't wrap my head around the idea that no one in the states sell like they do. 

It'll be exciting to see the feedback we get. 

feel free to browse my discogs and make me some offers I know you need to make money too but maybe we can work something out, i'm pretty broke for the next 8 days and would rather not to have to live so reclusively. Off the top of my head in things you are looking for jets to brazil and wire would be the main off limits ones. Have a couple topshelf test presses, and a german 1st pressing of kill yr idols in NM I could probably let go of

1 hour ago, gavinislame said:

Are we talking 90's emo/punk, or will you also be getting some emo revival stuff in there as well? I'd do many things for some Sorority Noise test presses.. 

both.

I have a lot of TIny Engines and other random test's in inventory already.

working with a few labels trying to get more as we build up inventory.

also for all those who care.  we have an instagram set up.@limitedtoonenyc

These are a few things if you're interested... most i picked up from Kyle at Secret Audio Club :) 

Del Paxton - Worst. Summer. Ever. (Black / 300)

Del Paxton - Worst. Summer. Ever. (James Adams Sketch Cover 12 / 25)

Del Paxton - Worst. Summer. Ever. (Mint Green / 140)

Everything Ever ‎– Solid Ground (Clear w/Blue Splatter A/B, Opaque Pink C/D, Numbered 46/50)

Everything Ever ‎– Solid Ground (Super Splatter, Numbered 1/5)

Hidden Hospitals ‎– Surface Tension (Clear /100)

Hidden Hospitals ‎– Surface Tension (Black /400)

League ‎– League (Black /100)

Matt Duncan ‎– Beacon ("Confetti Bomb" /100)

Matt Duncan ‎– Soft Times (Clear with Tarot Card /100)

Muscle And Bone - Muscle and Bone (Black, Fest 12 / 50)

Muscle And Bone - Peace & Light (Clear with blue smoke / 150)

Muscle And Bone - Peace & Light (White / 250)

No Machine - Good News (Green, Duct Tape Vinyl)

Of Us Giants - Nova Scotia (Coke Bottle Clear / 100)

Of Us Giants - Nova Scotia (Blue / 100)

Old Flings - Spite (Translucent green w/ black/white mix / 100)

Owel - Owel (Ultra Clear /200)

The Return Of The Living Dead - Original Soundtrack (Green Translucent, /750)

The Reveling ‎– Consider Everything An Experiment (Blue /100)

The Reveling ‎– Consider Everything An Experiment (Orange /100)

The Reveling ‎– Consider Everything An Experiment (Purple /50)

The Reveling ‎– Consider Everything An Experiment (Super Splatter, Hand Painted Cover, Numbered 4/5)

Ryley Walker ‎– Golden Sings That Have Been Sung - Deep Cuts Edition (Pink Frost & Sea Foam Blue)

Vow ‎– Make Me Yours (Clear with Pink Splatter /50)

Also have these tests... :) 

Cartel - The Ransom EP (Black, Die Cut Cover)

Del Paxton - Worst. Summer. Ever. (Black)

Divino Niño ‎– Pool Jealousy (Teal Translucent, Numbered 18/20)

Harrison Hudson ‎– Curious (Coke Bottle Clear)

Koji ‎– Some Small Way (Black, Numbered 16/20)

League ‎– League (Black)

Muscle and Bone - Muscle and Bone (Black, Numbered 11/30)

Old Flings - Spite (Black, Numbered 7/15)

Vow ‎– Make Me Yours (Black, Numbered 8/20)