Parking in the Bay Area

Hey Bay Area VC,

Later this week I am going to be out that way, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for places where one could safely park a car overnight in/near San Francisco. Not really a specific part, but if it is close to BART that would be preferable.

Thanks,

Billy

Edited by billya

There's no real BART parking in SF proper, if I had to park overnight somewhere, I would consider Daly City, or Balboa Park areas on the SF side and Ashby, North Berkeley, Rockridge (and up along the yellow line), and mayyybe Lake Merritt if you can get a nice residential spot. 

Outside the Bart area, you really can't go wrong with some of the purely residential areas like, Inner/Outer Sunset, Outer Richmond, Park Merced, or West Portal areas. There's probably a few more. Stay away from parking overnight, if you can, in FiDi, Downtown, Mission, Hayes Valley, 

I will warn you that SF has had a large rash of car break-ins (window smashouts, etc) Wherever you end up parking, be sure to make sure nothing is visible and if you have a hatchback or SUV or any other car with drop down back seats that you drop one of the seats does so thieves can see that you have nothing in the trunk. Most of my broken windows have been because someone wanted to see what was in the trunk.

Edited by roadmonkey