Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

8 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I do hope it comes on black. I really do want this record and that price is so sexy especially when compared to original press prices but I've had it with colored vinyl.

Seriously, that price is insane.  Less than $25 shipped?  You couldn't really ask for more (except a black option).

Just now, Mattallurgist said:

Obviously I ordered this without thinking, but where were you guys reading about coloured wax? I couldn't see any mention of it. I hope this isn't just like Frames where I was moments too late to the party on that red vinyl.

FORMAT: Colored Vinyl Double LP

Right on the product page.

2 minutes ago, Mattallurgist said:

Obviously I ordered this without thinking, but where were you guys reading about coloured wax? I couldn't see any mention of it. I hope this isn't just like Frames where I was moments too late to the party on that red vinyl.

Its right in the pull down menu. I'm sure you just jumped on it without reading a single word on the page and just following the familiar button scheme until you saw that your order was placed. I'm not being facetious. I've ordered LP's in that insane  fashion before too.

Fuck, that's a bad color.

I blame the kids. I think labels feel pressure to justify an LP press with colored vinyl to appease the insane variant collectors who have grown accustomed to buying the rarest colorway and even if the label only makes a single variant on a reissue that might be a gamble, they'll opt for non-black to use familiarity for the masses of colored vinyl junkies to keep the units moving more quickly. Obviously they want to make their money back and profit but the culture of record buyers has ruined some aspects of "the hobby" for me at least.

Edited by mcpherson123

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'd rather have yellow than white or the dreaded "bone." If this had been solid translucent yellow, I would be way more cool with it.

Preach. Translucent, always, if color.

Edit: Vennart just said he believes there will only be colored copies. I still can't believe how good that price is for a 2xLP though...

Edited by lethalenforcer

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Preach. Translucent, always, if color.

Not necessarily a hard, fast rule for me as I prefer opaque red to translucent red. Nothing wrong with the latter but its been so overdone.

1 minute ago, highfives said:

I'd rather it be like this, minus the black.

photo-2_original.JPG

That looks cool but its too over the top for a record for me.  What album is that?

3 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Not necessarily a hard, fast rule for me as I prefer opaque red to translucent red. Nothing wrong with the latter but its been so overdone.

That looks cool but its too over the top for a record for me.  What album is that?

I honestly have no idea.  I was just searching for what kind of idea I had in my head for cover-matching vinyl. 

Edit:  Hrvrd- 2xLP "The Inevitable and I" 3rd pressing (Red/Beer swirl with Blue splatter)

Edited by highfives

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah he was responding to my question. He also wasn't aware the preorder was currently active.

He also mentioned this should be available in shops, if anyone wants to wait.

To be fair, it took Arkive a couple of hours to realize it was active too.

Edited by highfives