Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

Just now, highfives said:

Uhh, did anyone else get a shipping notification already?  Because I did.  Obviously it's just the label being printed, but still.

Yeah, just came here to ask the same thing. Really bizarre. Maybe they're just THAT proactive, but in my prior experience with Matador, that's only done just before shipping. Hmmmm.

17 minutes ago, Sasan said:

This will probably show up on some german sites soon...placed the order anyways in case this was something limited  and gone before I decide. 

So so happy to finally complete at least the albums of one of my favorite bands ever on vinyl 

It's up on JPC now, but price wise it works out pretty much the same

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/oceansize-effloresce-coloured/hnum/7811060

The shirt is fine enough, but just walking around and nobody knows Oceanize (sadly), people are going to think you are wearing a shirt with blood in it. Not so keen on that. 

Semi-related, I wonder how Beggars Banquet retained this and MOV got EIP? Always curious about the behind the scenes inter workings of these things. 

5 minutes ago, danyc said:

The shirt is fine enough, but just walking around and nobody knows Oceanize (sadly), people are going to think you are wearing a shirt with blood in it. Not so keen on that. 

Semi-related, I wonder how Beggars Banquet retained this and MOV got EIP? Always curious about the behind the scenes inter workings of these things. 

I'd guess MOV had a one-time deal with EIP.  It's probably why that one is out of print too.  They did a good job with that one though.

I really wish they'd press Home and Minor, but as far as Mike says there's zero interest in doing so.