Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

• 2 weeks later...

I've listened to this a few times through.  It sounds great, albeit a little quiet.  The packaging is nice for the price point.  The red swirl color is almost nonexistent in my copy, so it's basically yellow not that it matters much.  I'm just super happy to finally have a copy of this as it was at the top of my list for a long time.

Fell in love with this album because of @highfives and my buddy @Fowty Dollaz was kind enough to gift me this album as an early birthday/x-mas/hurricane survival gift.

But man, did it get beat to hell on the it's way.  Luckily, the vinyl itself is unscathed, but there are some deep creases on the jacket. He's gonna reach out and see if they would at least replace that portion, as the rest of it is fine. 

4fhZUjS.jpgKLj55Ew.jpg

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Fell in love with this album because of @highfives and my buddy @Fowty Dollaz was kind enough to gift me this album as an early birthday/x-mas/hurricane survival gift.

But man, did it get beat to hell on the it's way.  Luckily, the vinyl itself is unscathed, but there are some deep creases on the jacket. He's gonna reach out and see if they would at least replace that portion, as the rest of it is fine. 

Oh man, brutal! I hope you get it sorted - might be my emotional attachment to the album but I don't know if I could accept any kinda ding on my copy. 

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

4fhZUjS.jpgKLj55Ew.jpg

Damn, that is some serious  handling.  Hopefully they'll send out a new jacket for you!

My copy came in yesterday. Only got around to listening to the first side and though there were a few pops, the overall sound was good. I'll have to give it a more comprehensive listen to really judge though. Its been a long time since I've listened to this material on any format.

Finally got this in hand. Previous poster was right in that it is slightly quieter than most, I turned my master volume up about a notch higher than usual. But, in this case it's a great thing. It's clear there isn't a whole lot of dynamic compression, and no crazy gain limiting. The drums are very punchy, surprisingly so at times. Wide sound stage. Thick in all the right places.

'It's been a lot of fun rebuilding this record at Abbey Road from the unlabelled original tapes. Frank Arkright has done a wonderful job. We hope you can hear the new found air, space and definition in this new version. Not to mention the BALLS.' -  Nailed it.

22860973_184724892102533_595893981233230

Especially for how affordable this was, it's a very satisfying purchase. I hope we see this done to subsequent albums, of which I still don't have any on vinyl.

Edited by Vinyl Fury
add photo

1 hour ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Finally got this in hand. Previous poster was right in that it is slightly quieter than most, I turned my master volume up about a notch higher than usual. But, in this case it's a great thing. It's clear there isn't a whole lot of dynamic compression, and no crazy gain limiting. The drums are very punchy, surprisingly so at times. Wide sound stage. Thick in all the right places.

'It's been a lot of fun rebuilding this record at Abbey Road from the unlabelled original tapes. Frank Arkright has done a wonderful job. We hope you can hear the new found air, space and definition in this new version. Not to mention the BALLS.' -  Nailed it.

Especially for how affordable this was, it's a very satisfying purchase. I hope we see this done to subsequent albums, of which I still don't have any on vinyl.

You can sill find copies of Self Preserved on eBay for around $20.  Set up a saved search for it.

Frames also comes around under $30 every once in a while. 

Music for Nurses, Everyone Into Position, and most EPs don’t come around often.  

Happy that its hitting it out of the park as far as sound quality goes for most of you, that means I'm bound to be happy with it. The wait just feels long and quiet. Still I see the merit in prioritizing overseas orders and have had that work out well for me in reverse plenty of times.

11 hours ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Import CDs has a couple Self Preserved copies if anyone is interested.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132269134548

On 11/1/2017 at 6:51 AM, THE_James_Champ said:

4fhZUjS.jpgKLj55Ew.jpg

Hahaha at least you got a new mailer!  Mine came just like this, except they used a ripped-open used mailer that was taped shut.  Mine was fairly beat up too, but I haven't had a chance to open it to see if the records themselves are fine.  Hopefully not like yours!

17 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Hahaha at least you got a new mailer!  Mine came just like this, except they used a ripped-open used mailer that was taped shut.  Mine was fairly beat up too, but I haven't had a chance to open it to see if the records themselves are fine.  Hopefully not like yours!

They were pretty good about replacing the sleeve. Hope for the best!

5 hours ago, Sasan said:

Happy I cancelled my order and ordered at jpc. On the other hand, I think it’s rather USPS fucking up regularly...

Yeah, most likely.  But they still used a mailer that was ripped in half for me lol.  I'll show you guys pictures when I get a chance.  It seems like it will be fine though, it's just kinda funny because I seem to have such awful luck with records.