HMV Vinyl Week 2017

My friend went to the Oxford Street store for vinyl day last year and said it was kind of dire (think he meant the selection) and not much busier than it usually is on a weekend. And he got there about 4pm, still got what he wanted. I dunno, but it seems like they don't advertise it much as I only found out about it AFTER the event last time.

Edited by whoa
Grammarterian

1 hour ago, whoa said:

My friend went to the Oxford Street store for vinyl day last year and said it was kind of dire (think he meant the selection) and not much busier than it usually is on a weekend. And he got there about 4pm, still got what he wanted. I dunno, but it seems like they don't advertise it much as I only found out about it AFTER the event last time.

Thanks! Not gonna go out of my way to get up early for this then.

Same here, looked into to my local branch which is quite large about 11.30 am and they had pretty much everything.  Around 6 copies each of PT and no-one much bothering. They also had plenty of sale stuff still on display including Foo Fighters Echoes for  £12.99, but overall looks to be pretty much a non-event once again.

My ebay feed is a downright disaster due to Porcupine Tree scalper mania right now :lol::

http://i.imgur.com/mNyRMm7.jpg

Do I have any chance of ever finding copies of these for decent prices? Shipping to the US is already rough on these without paying scalper prices. I feel like these were fairly large pressings, and demand can't be that huge, so I'm hoping once the initial frenzy dies down prices will start falling...

3 hours ago, arck2412 said:

My ebay feed is a downright disaster due to Porcupine Tree scalper mania right now :lol::

http://i.imgur.com/mNyRMm7.jpg

Do I have any chance of ever finding copies of these for decent prices? Shipping to the US is already rough on these without paying scalper prices. I feel like these were fairly large pressings, and demand can't be that huge, so I'm hoping once the initial frenzy dies down prices will start falling...

hey! i will get these for you if you want? theyre £20 each (i think) and postage will be about £14. pm me. 

16 hours ago, Vince Ives said:

My local store still had a few bits left this morning, I was surprised by the amount of Ed Sheeran remaining (it's pretty cheap at £15, and although 4K sounds like a big pressing that guy is super popular). 

But those 10 year old girls listening his music never heard of vinyl...

On 6/19/2017 at 8:21 AM, Vince Ives said:

My local store still had a few bits left this morning, I was surprised by the amount of Ed Sheeran remaining (it's pretty cheap at £15, and although 4K sounds like a big pressing that guy is super popular). I picked up that Smiths 12" That Morrissey was having a breakdown over.

I want that Ed Sheeran! Thankfully it's not crazy expensive on eBay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/17/2017 at 9:01 PM, whoa said:

This has been my favourite non-event and looking forward to not getting hyped about it next year. 

So far for this year's non-event we have:

Liam Gallagher: As You Were (Picture Disc - 3000 copies)

The former Oasis frontman released his debut album As You Were in October last year and the album will be available as a picture disc for the first time when our exclusive arrives in stores on June 16th. 

Siouxsie and The Banshees: Juju (Gold Vinyl - 1000 copies)

First released in 1981, the fourth album from Siouxsie and the Banshees remains one of their finest and includes hits such as 'Spellbound' and 'Arabian Knights'. Our exclusive edition is pressed onto stunning gold vinyl and limited to just 1000 copies.

The Proclaimers: Sunshine on Leith (Green Vinyl - 500 copies)

Scottish duo The Proclaimers released their second studio album in 1988 and Sunshine on Leith and with hits like '500 Miles' it remains their most popular album to date. While the album has released on vinyl before, this is the first time Sunshine on Leith has been available on green wax and our exclusive vinyl is limited to just 500 copies.

Various Artists: Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels OST (Yellow & Black Splatter Vinyl - 1000 copies)

As one of the most well-known British films of the 1990s and the film that launched the career of director Guy Ritchie, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels needs little introduction and its soundtrack is one of the decade's most iconic, but on June 16th you'll be able to get your hands on this exclusive vinyl edition on yellow & black splatter vinyl.

https://www.hmv.com/music/hmv-vinyl-week-2018-first-exclusive-titles-revealed