vinyl addict

SPAM when returning to the site on Android Chrome

For the last 2 days I've been getting a SPAM message pop up and give me a warning about a virus when I return to the site (already logged in). It doesn't want to close either. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Seems this place is having some security issues. I see other threads about similar problems.

Is there a way to eliminate the messages on my end?

Yeah it's been happening to me, I get the "YOU'VE ONE A 200$ WALMART GIFT CARDS, CLAIM YOURS NOW." Even with a 200 dollar gift card I woulnd't step foot in a Walmart. If only it was a Target gift card.

But seriously, can an admin get to the bottom of this?

Did some digging and the issue is google ads needing flash installed (which android no longer is supporting) and thats what the deal is. Its a crappy google ad which google is not supposed to allow. I submitted a request to stop them. We will see what happens. I was told there is a way to not prompt that in your browser preferences. Maybe check into that so it won't ask you to install flash. 

I was also told is we had spyware, malware etc it would happen on all mobile phones not just android. So the more i look into this is google ads being stupid.

I will keep you posted but look into the browser preferences.

15 hours ago, richardsurf said:

I'm getting spam redirects on my iPhone. It's slightly different each time as far as what the message or spam says.

It happens every so often and I've noticed it for a few weeks but it always stops right when I'm almost motivated to post about it.

LsfcGUc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Yeah...been having the exact same issue as @dnl and @richardsurf on my iphone. Driving me nuts....any update?