Arcade Fire- Everything Now

3 minutes ago, staralfur said:

What about Arcade Fire's new record? Any thoughts, or am I intruding? :rolleyes:

I agree, we should discuss the new record.  What did you guys think of your first play?  I've put in about 3 and at this point I'm struggling to decide on a favorite track.  I think it's between Chemistry and Good God Damn at the moment.  Wish the vinyl was a little heavier but it sounds great and I'm loving the shade of blue they went with.  Tough to find any real complaints.

What are your thoughts on it?

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I agree, we should discuss the new record.  What did you guys think of your first play?  I've put in about 3 and at this point I'm struggling to decide on a favorite track.  I think it's between Chemistry and Good God Damn at the moment.  Wish the vinyl was a little heavier but it sounds great and I'm loving the shade of blue they went with.  Tough to find any real complaints.

Have you come from the future?

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I haven't heard it but how many instrumentals are on the album?  I'm hoping a lot

5 minutes ago, stillalivetui said:

A lot. Butler raps in one of the tracks and sends Sage Steele a shout out. 

Honestly did not like his verses in Put Your Money on Me at all, but after a few listens I think I'm starting to come around.  As a band that's constantly evolving I cannot fault them for their progressive flourishes.  His flow is terrible but I think that's what makes it sort of charming in a really endearing kind of way.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Vega said:

New single! I read they will release a fourth song 'We don't deserve love' next friday...As awesome as all of the singles are I hope they will leave it at that so we won't have half the album before it comes out

I'll be curious to hear one more.  Based on the three, I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel my preorder (can't get into them at all).  Having an additional song will probably make me feel better about that decision :)

20 hours ago, Vega said:

New single! I read they will release a fourth song 'We don't deserve love' next friday...As awesome as all of the singles are I hope they will leave it at that so we won't have half the album before it comes out

I kind of hated this song the first listen through.  But the 2nd time I'm really liking it.

20 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'll be curious to hear one more.  Based on the three, I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel my preorder (can't get into them at all).  Having an additional song will probably make me feel better about that decision :)

I can understand that, theres definitely less old arcade fire in the singles than there was left in reflektor, but i personally love the direction they are going in. I don't know, i think theres still no other band right now that could come out with songs like this

1 hour ago, YouTwo said:

I kind of hated this song the first listen through.  But the 2nd time I'm really liking it.

Yeah i heard the song for the first time when i saw them live and the song structure was a little confusing haha but i'm really liking it now too!

The song will be featured on the upcoming album "Everything Now", due July 28 on CD, LP, cassette, and USB/fidget spinner formats. True fans who pre-order will receive "Signs Of Life", "Creature Comfort” and the title track "Everything Now" as immediate downloads.

From the mail I got to promote the new song release.

I know it is not a record but USB/fidget spinner sounds like a very interesting item! :D

1 hour ago, Vega said:

I can understand that, theres definitely less old arcade fire in the singles than there was left in reflektor, but i personally love the direction they are going in. I don't know, i think theres still no other band right now that could come out with songs like this

I wouldn't even say they're bad songs, it's just going into a style that I don't have any particular interest in.  I am looking forward to hearing the album in full and seeing if it connects with me more.  For now,  I mainly don't want to spend the money on something I'm a bit weary on.

6 hours ago, trickster said:

I know it is not a record but USB/fidget spinner sounds like a very interesting item! :D

I think Arcade Fire is underestimating the age of their average fan by about 30 years.

EDIT: I guess they could be for parents to help introduce the band to their kids...

Edited by unknown pleasures

7 hours ago, trickster said:

I think it's a joke, the EverythingNowCo account on twitter writes all kinds of stuff like this with the running gag that the corporation wants the band to promote the album in the most ridiculous ways possible to get more album sales (like a fidget spinner), they also have condoms for signs of life hahaha

https://twitter.com/everythingnowco?lang=de