PO: Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Wait did you seriously just say a signature on the grooves doesn't do anything? It's harder to hear on a picture disc but your stylus hates scraping through the marker. If this isn't on the sleeve or the center it's ruined and not worth keeping unless you frame it.

I mean, I guess yeah, it hurts the stylus, but not the record, and I didn't ask for a signed picture discs on the grooves, I met Dream Theater and they just decided to sign the picture disc on the grooves, I wasn't about to tell them no, and maybe it does hurt the music, but like you said, you can't hear it on picture discs. I honestly don't care about that record anyways, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Wait, so they are suddenly only pressing 4,000?  This makes me think that this is gonna see a wide release as a picture disc but that the pre-order will be autographed....

Why is always hip-hop releases that move the goal posts?

Edited by downisthenewup87

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an email from The Vince Staples Team:

"Thank you for your purchase from the Vince Staples Official Store!  Due to a production delay, your Autographed Big Fish Theory Limited Edition Numbered Picture Disc Vinyl will now ship on or around September 8.  You will receive the full digital album on street date, June 23, to enjoy in the meantime.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  Thank you for your patience and support!"

12 minutes ago, justinesunday said:

Just received an email from The Vince Staples Team:

"Thank you for your purchase from the Vince Staples Official Store!  Due to a production delay, your Autographed Big Fish Theory Limited Edition Numbered Picture Disc Vinyl will now ship on or around September 8.  You will receive the full digital album on street date, June 23, to enjoy in the meantime.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  Thank you for your patience and support!"

LOL I figured they knew this all along. Was genuinely surprised that a popular rap album was scheduled to release with vinyl on release day, but nahhh.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, Sunshine said:

This wasn't what I was expecting and I thought it was ok first listen but by the third I'm in love with it. Hopefully it's decent sounding for a picture disc because the production really is great.

I was in the same boat, after the grit of Summertime '06 the first run through had me perplexed but two or so more listens and I'm loving it all. Never bothered ordering the picture disc and just hoping, albeit probably in vain, for a regular press at some point. If it doesn't happen I'll live but this is definitely going to wind up on my AOTY list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nickreynolds32 said:

I'm confused.  Is this different from the autographed picture disc he was selling on his site?  Just without the autograph?

• 3 weeks later...