PO: Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

12 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

It’s another VS similar to that from Primadonna EP. 

He does all his signatures like that, I got my Summertime 06 and Prima Donna vinyl signed by him at a meet n greet and he did both of them like that,  but strangely the signed insert I got with Prima Donna, he signed his whole name.

My "signed" insert came tossed between the album and the cardboard box sort of bent up. A sticker was hanging half off the album that I suppose someone was attempting to attach the insert to the album with - failure. 

The other thing that shows the lack of craps given to this pressing is that the plastic sleeve was cracked and broken along the spine. I think the records possibly caused it to break - along with the general cheapness of it. I have a few other records in plastic outer sleeves that are much better quality. For example, "Atrocity Exhibition" by Danny Brown has a plastic sleeve that's holding up. 

Overall, the packaging is a turd.

On the upside, the records are heavyweight and so far they sound pretty good (for being picture discs). 

Crabs in a bucket. 

22 minutes ago, VinylSandwich said:

My "signed" insert came tossed between the album and the cardboard box sort of bent up. A sticker was hanging half off the album that I suppose someone was attempting to attach the insert to the album with - failure. 

The other thing that shows the lack of craps given to this pressing is that the plastic sleeve was cracked and broken along the spine. I think the records possibly caused it to break - along with the general cheapness of it. I have a few other records in plastic outer sleeves that are much better quality. For example, "Atrocity Exhibition" by Danny Brown has a plastic sleeve that's holding up. 

Overall, the packaging is a turd.

On the upside, the records are heavyweight and so far they sound pretty good (for being picture discs). 

Crabs in a bucket. 

Both my copies of Atrocity Exhibition are split all over the place to be fair. Those plastic sleeves are all garbo.

Also pic discs come one way there's no heavyweight picture discs they're all thick like that. You complimented the one reason everyone is complaining and then got mad over the tiniest thing that doesn't matter lol. Just found it to be a bit silly.

23 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Both my copies of Atrocity Exhibition are split all over the place to be fair. Those plastic sleeves are all garbo.

Also pic discs come one way there's no heavyweight picture discs they're all thick like that. You complimented the one reason everyone is complaining and then got mad over the tiniest thing that doesn't matter lol. Just found it to be a bit silly.

Fair enough. Reading your thoughts, I suppose mine were a bit silly. Although, my Atrocity Exhibition garbage plastic sleeve isn't split at all. Maybe you need a third copy. 

3 minutes ago, VinylSandwich said:

Fair enough. Reading your thoughts, I suppose mine were a bit silly. Although, my Atrocity Exhibition garbage plastic sleeve isn't split at all. Maybe you need a third copy. 

The thread on here is full of people complaining about split copies you just got lucky. Thanks for the audio feedback.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The thread on here is full of people complaining about split copies you just got lucky. Thanks for the audio feedback.

Gotcha. Well better the sleeve busted than the record. As for picture discs, I honestly didn't realize they were all the same weight. I don't have many.

I'm curious to listen to BFT more and see if the audio is crappier due to the pretty fishes on it. Have you ever found a picture disc that sounded on par or better than regular vinyl?  Or is degraded sound the resounding norm? 

On 11/3/2017 at 8:17 PM, VinylSandwich said:

Gotcha. Well better the sleeve busted than the record. As for picture discs, I honestly didn't realize they were all the same weight. I don't have many.

I'm curious to listen to BFT more and see if the audio is crappier due to the pretty fishes on it. Have you ever found a picture disc that sounded on par or better than regular vinyl?  Or is degraded sound the resounding norm? 

You know how a regular record is just one solid piece of vinyl that's pressed together right? Picture discs are all thicker because they split those two pieces of vinyl and sandwich them on the actual paper picture thing that you can see. In addition to this the vinyl isn't just split it's actually a smaller amount on each side or picture discs would be even thicker. So because each side has a smaller layer of vinyl to play the recording off of they generally sound more noisy than normal records.

Sadly that's the norm but I do have a few that are plenty listenable despite the background noise. 

Edit: hahahaha I totally did not realize your name was VinylSandwich. I didn't say sandwich because of it.

Edited by Sunshine

23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

You know how a regular record is just one solid piece of vinyl that's pressed together right? Picture discs are all thicker because they split those two pieces of vinyl and sandwich them on the actual paper picture thing that you can see. In addition to this the vinyl isn't just split it's actually a smaller amount on each side or picture discs would be even thicker. So because each side has a smaller layer of vinyl to play the recording off of they generally sound more noisy than normal records.

Sadly that's the norm but I do have a few that are plenty listenable despite the background noise. 

Edit: hahahaha I totally did not realize your name was VinylSandwich. I didn't say sandwich because of it.

Oh yea? Prove it, tough guy.

15 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Makes sense. Thanks for the run down. As for my name (VinylSandwich), I just really like sandwiches. But the relation to this discussion is uncanny. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...