PO: The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding

20 hours ago, Vega said:

Is it possible that the clear variant and the coke bottle version are the same?

Stores like this have marked it as 'clear vinyl' but have in their description that it's the coke bottle one http://theendofallmusic.bigcartel.com/product/the-war-on-drugs-a-deeper-understanding-lp-preorder

In the description, it does say "Coke-Bottle Clear" so I am sure it is the same variant as everywhere else. As far as I can tell, this version and black are the only 2 versions when it launches.

57 minutes ago, rsholtis said:

In the description, it does say "Coke-Bottle Clear" so I am sure it is the same variant as everywhere else. As far as I can tell, this version and black are the only 2 versions when it launches.

There is a VMP version: The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding (2LP, Yellow Vinyl, LTD to 3,000) (MUSIC) ($27)

I believe they stated on the forums that their version of A Deeper Understanding would be available to the public, as in you wouldn't need a membership (like they are currently doing with their variant of the new HAIM album).

Some people have asked if that would also be the case with the bundle that includes Slave Ambient but I don't think anyone ever answered them. 

2 minutes ago, patreeeek said:

I believe they stated on the forums that their version of A Deeper Understanding would be available to the public, as in you wouldn't need a membership (like they are currently doing with their variant of the new HAIM album).

Some people have asked if that would also be the case with the bundle that includes Slave Ambient but I don't think anyone ever answered them. 

Yeah, with 2000 copies I could see that going either way on Slave Ambient.  Unless it was part of the negotiations to get the new album, I bet it will be a member exclusive.  But I guess we'll find out on Wednesday.  I would guess that either way the bundle price is going to be Members Only.  

14 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Yeah, with 2000 copies I could see that going either way on Slave Ambient.  Unless it was part of the negotiations to get the new album, I bet it will be a member exclusive.  But I guess we'll find out on Wednesday.  I would guess that either way the bundle price is going to be Members Only.  

That makes sense to me. I just thought it was strange the mods weren't answering the questions about it. 

34 minutes ago, patreeeek said:

That makes sense to me. I just thought it was strange the mods weren't answering the questions about it. 

Sometimes I get the impression that the couple of staff members that are regulars on that forum aren't the ones that make the decision on this.  They seemed to not know about Haim until the day it was released.  So it's possible they just don't want to mis-speak and give wrong information.  

On 13/08/2017 at 3:41 PM, Vega said:

Is it possible that the clear variant and the coke bottle version are the same?

Stores like this have marked it as 'clear vinyl' but have in their description that it's the coke bottle one http://theendofallmusic.bigcartel.com/product/the-war-on-drugs-a-deeper-understanding-lp-preorder

I'm assuming they are different.