PO: Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile To The Surface (7-28-17)

9 hours ago, oldmanmcgenty said:

I have no self control and love everything Andy Hull touches so I bought the bundle. 

Pretty much this.  I didn't love Cope, but this is one of the few bands I'll really "splurge" for and I had a bit of extra $ of PayPal credit. 

2 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Shipping in the US for the bundle was still like $30. What the hell? Total was$103. 

My shipping was a little under $10.

I dig the song, it's not blowing my mind but it's solid MO and every one of their albums has grown to have a place in my heart, so I have no qualms ordering this on a oner. I will, however, hold off until we get more info on the pressings. Super intrigued by the photo book, but I'm gonna need to see more and find out if there's any way to get it without the shirt and music box, which I can definitely live without.

I do like the smoke variant, though, and I've been meaning to pick up Brainstorm from their store, so I may just do that. But I also don't particularly want to throw down $29 + shipping if this is the retail variant and it's going to pop up for cheaper elsewhere.

Edit: Okay so after looking into things, I'm thinking the $36 Amazon pre-order may be the photo book version. On the merch store, there's a $35 difference between the shirt/music box bundle with the photo book LP and with the CD. There's also now a standard vinyl Amazon PO for $25.

Edited by rcafilm

53 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Pretty much this.  I didn't love Cope, but this is one of the few bands I'll really "splurge" for and I had a bit of extra $ of PayPal credit. 

My shipping was a little under $10.

Dammit! I wonder if it was a glitch on my end. If Amazon is gold then I'll cancel. 

17 hours ago, drewberinger said:

This clears up the amazon listings

Damn, was really hoping to be able to get the photo book LP outside of the $80 bundle. Good to know, though. Props to Andy for the clarification, what a dude.

Edit: Bit the bullet and picked up the smoke variant, Brainstorm, and the Braves shirt I've been eyeing for years. Shipping was only $6 for me, but I'm also very close to ATL where I assume they ship from.

Edited by rcafilm

4 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Didn't see the link for tickets to the intimate NYC show next week until early this morning, and it was sold out by then. Bummed :(

Same, I saw the link maybe only 45 minutes after they announced it and it was already gone :( Would have loved to see them at such a small venue like Mercury Lounge. 

12 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Loving the artwork for these singles. Probably gonna go for the photobook cause of that. 

Didn't see the link for tickets to the intimate NYC show next week until early this morning, and it was sold out by then. Bummed :(

Where are you seeing those covers?

Edited by ejc625