ejc625

PO: Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile To The Surface (7-28-17)

93 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, dawhizz said:

If you still need help getting hyped for this album, this should do the trick:

http://uproxx.com/music/manchester-orchestra-black-mile-to-the-surface/

Recording unlikely covers has become a kind of hobby for the band — they’ve done everything from Neil Young’s “Walk On” to No Doubt’s “Don’t Speak” to a full-length version of Michael Jackson’s Thriller that the band doesn’t play for me but promises is epic.

Umm, can we talk about this real quick. That's the album I'm now hyped for.

ejc625 and AGB like this

5 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

I kinda want the deluxe Cope and Hope package. Mostly because there's so much stuff included. I haven't really listened to Cope though so I'm still not sold. Has that bundle been around for a while?

I hadn't seen that bundle before tbh. The Cope boxset is real nice though and the bsides are great too. I enjoy Cope however thought production was a bit lacking. Hope however is next level. This is probably my favorite thing theyve done!

andrewlucas likes this

1 hour ago, The Saint said:

Looks awesome! Want it so bad but $60 + shipping is steep. Don't know why Loma Vista raised the price when it listed for $50 for some time. Guess I should have jumped on it then even though that still feels high. 

I think it was always $60. 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:06 AM, tatom said:

Got this in the mail today, very high quality! Excited for the Grimey's in-store this Friday. 

iY9kaOr.jpggkcrz53.jpgat8jMaC.jpgZHm1O2L.jpggzn3e0i.jpg

You didn't post the custom music box! Pretty cool little addition, I think. Looking forward to spinning this over the weekend. 

On 2017. 07. 28. at 1:39 PM, ejc625 said:

Vinyl photo book from Loma Vista is on back order apparently. 

It does not seems to be on backorder as of now. Still lets to add 138 to my cart, so easy to hop on it for a while I think. I just placed my order yesterday.

12 minutes ago, anchorlessbodies said:

It does not seems to be on backorder as of now. Still lets to add 138 to my cart, so easy to hop on it for a while I think. I just placed my order yesterday.

They delivered half of my order with a note saying it was on back order. 

15 minutes ago, Mattallurgist said:

These guys are on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast this week as guests! They play a few songs, they sound great. I've never really listened to them but I'll have to rectify that now.

Cannot go wrong with either of the first two albums as jump off points but to be honest I love all their stuff.

Mattallurgist likes this

8 minutes ago, mrewest said:

I've been off the MO bandwagon for a while but this might be their most complete album yet.  I hated Cope after one listen.  This album is a 180 from that.  Can't wait for more listens.

yeah while i dont agree with you on Cope, I think this one is probably their best.