PO: Def Leppard "Hysteria" Orange Variant

https://us.udiscovermusic.com/collections/vinyl/products/hysteria-limited-edition-orange-vinyl-2lp

Only 500 for the U.S., so not sure how long these will last.

Hysteria is only my 3rd favorite Lep album... which still makes it pretty great. And unlike the earlier albums, this one does NOT sound good on the original vinyl. (30 minutes a side???)

There's also a $129.99 super duper box set (CD/DVD).... which the pimply mulleted version of me who saw DL in the round in Atlanta would've salivated over.

I think Pyromania is easier to find for cheap. Finding Hysteria on vinyl was a little more of a search for me. I'm pretty sure this is Def Leppard's biggest selling record so it makes sense that there would be a big release around the 30th anniversary.

I do like how half the songs on this album were released as singles. You can listen to the first side of the album and it's a mini greatest hits set. (Of course, their whole intention when they made the album was to have every track be good enough to be a single.)

3 minutes ago, glass realms said:

I think Pyromania is easier to find for cheap. Finding Hysteria on vinyl was a little more of a search for me. I'm pretty sure this is Def Leppard's biggest selling record so it makes sense that there would be a big release around the 30th anniversary.

I do like how half the songs on this album were released as singles. You can listen to the first side of the album and it's a mini greatest hits set. (Of course, their whole intention when they made the album was to have every track be good enough to be a single.)

Agreed. It was a hard find for me for years and ended up getting it on ebay at a decent price. 

3 hours ago, rhcp02 said:

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/12-Vinyl/Hysteria-30th-Anniversary-Edition-Coloured-2LP/5K9K0D6Z000

24.84 at musicvaultz after WELCOME promo code for first time users.

HAHA, wound up finding a cheaper price in the thread I started. Thanks for that. I cancelled my uDiscover order too.

Not trying to change minds, but the OG of Hysteria was never super-easy to find, as late 1980s vinyl from big acts often isn't. (Try finding The Cure's Disintegration or Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever sometimes.) And while the sound was good (it's an RL), the fidelity suffers simply because it's a single record where each side is 30 minutes long. The grooves are beyond tiny. So if they don't screw up the mastering, this SHOULD sound as good or better simply by being spread over two records for the first time ever.

And I suspect a limited-to-500 variant will be worth at least what you paid for it, if the SQ sucks. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can sell my OG and my picture disc version (SQ=terrible, going rate=surprisingly high). 

I went with the black, mostly because I didn't realize there was an orange at first. I've been waiting forever for this to get the double LP treatment. It's my absolute favorite album from when I was a young kid. One of the worst days of my youth was when my first copy of the cassette was savagely eaten by my boombox. I scored a used OG press at Empire Recordings in Ann Arbor for $10 or $12 a few years ago I want to say. The comment about late 80s rarity is true. I waited years for Skid Row's first 2 to show up on Discogs in the US for a decent price but ended up finally caving and paying overseas shipping for VG copies. I'm still waiting for Warrant's first one. On the other hand, Poison's first two seem relatively ubiquitous, even the terribly controversial long tongue cover for Open Up...

I almost paid $60 or $70 on Discogs a week or two ago for the Euro repress of this from 2009 I believe. So glad I held out hope they'd do it up for this anniversary.