UNKLE Special Editions at VinylFactory (ltd. 100 each)

Wow. These do look amazing. The fact that they are super limited and hand-signed justifies the price, but I'd be afraid to even open these or actually listen to them. I just haven't gotten to the point where I want such amazing pieces like this in my collection. Thanks for the share though!

58 minutes ago, Mars said:

FTFY

FTFY? No you did not "fix" my post. You quoted me and changed my words to reflect your own opinion. Just because I don't want to buy one of these pieces of art, that does not mean it is not a fair price. The same goes for you. This hobby means different things to different people. I buy music to listen to it. So for me it would be silly to pay this price just to listen to the music. These releases are collectable display pieces. It is a piece of art, that houses a piece of art that is also music.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Welcome to message boards 101.  Hope you jot notes quickly – sounds like you have a lot to take in.

It's fine. I understand people are welcome to their own opinions. I just don't like being "misquoted". Not even sure why it is an option to quote someone and then change the original message?

1 minute ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

It's fine. I understand people are welcome to their own opinions. I just don't like being "misquoted". Not even sure why it is an option to quote someone and then change the original message?

I wouldn't let it bug you too much.  You raise a good question, and ideally you should only be able to subtract from a quote – which also leaves room for mischief in the right context – but it is what it is... which usually just boils down to comedic value.  Unless someone is trying to subtly and seriously misguide everyone else by painting my quotes in a negative light, I usually just chalk it up to being cheeky.

11 minutes ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

FTFY? No you did not "fix" my post. You quoted me and changed my words to reflect your own opinion.

Maybe change your name to Cap'n Obvious?

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

usually just boils down to comedic value.  Unless someone is trying to subtly and seriously misguide everyone else by painting my quotes in a negative light, I usually just chalk it up to being cheeky. BTW, that Mars guy is hilarious!

Thanks Derek ;)

1 hour ago, AlexH. said:

Uhhhhh beats me man

While I don't like the idea that people can change your quotes, it does seem like yours was an honest mistake. It's so off topic it must've been from another forum? Or possibly a different part of this forum? Anyway, be careful when pasting from your clipboard.