PO NOW: The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful

On 8/19/2017 at 9:44 AM, mmhmm said:

Target CD has an exclusive track...but it's a remix. 

https://www.target.com/p/the-killers-wonderful-wonderful-target-exclusive/-/A-52802197#lnk=sametab

Band clearly didn't record many songs for these sessions if all they can come up with are remixes for bonus tracks.

bands today will sometimes only record a very small amount of songs in a recording session.  it has become fairly common to release 10 track albums and only have 1 b-side.

edit: i just check out the single, it is the most different song this band has done.  usually i could easily tell when i hear a killers song but this does not sound like them at all.

Edited by tug

3 hours ago, hxcoliver said:

What the shit!? So half the band will not be there? Then why even tour at all?  

Yeah seriously...they could as well just play the killers tracks plus brandons solo stuff if they are falling apart that much as a live band, during the flamingo tour brandon implicated that ronnie actually wanted to play drums for his solo stuff on tour so...yeah

On the upside, he also said that mark and dave have been much more creative on this record due to the lack of touring...more basslines like in the hot fuss era etc.

I get the disappointment about half the band not touring but I'm fairly certain half of Battle Born is a Brandon Flowers solo album (check the songwriting credits, revealing stuff)...it really feels lacking the input of some key Killers members. And if that's true, let's all be grateful Wonderful is a confirmed, full-band Killers album regardless of who's playing those songs live. 

21 hours ago, Vega said:

Yeah seriously...they could as well just play the killers tracks plus brandons solo stuff if they are falling apart that much as a live band, during the flamingo tour brandon implicated that ronnie actually wanted to play drums for his solo stuff on tour so...yeah

On the upside, he also said that mark and dave have been much more creative on this record due to the lack of touring...more basslines like in the hot fuss era etc.

It's true that it's more important that the whole band actually had a bigger input in the writing, but the live lineup is also important. I get sometime shit happens and 1 member can't tour and is replaced for a while or whatnot, but 2 out 4? That's a bit much. I want to see the killers, not other random dudes playing the killers songs 

2 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

It's true that it's more important that the whole band actually had a bigger input in the writing, but the live lineup is also important. I get sometime shit happens and 1 member can't tour and is replaced for a while or whatnot, but 2 out 4? That's a bit much. I want to see the killers, not other random dudes playing the killers songs 

I do understand your disappointment, I'm also quite bummed bout this news. But to be fair, Jake Blanton and Ted Sablay are not 'other random dudes', they've been around for quite a long time. I think Ted's been playing rhythm guitar ever since Sam's Town, but stopped shortly for the Day&Age-era. Jake's also a familiar face, he was the band leader of Brandon's first solo tour group. They definitely deserve the spotlight. Of course, I'd rather have Mark & Dave up front, but I'm happy the album actually happened, especially with  the hurdles they had to take kept in mind. 

1 minute ago, magic_foe said:

I do understand your disappointment, I'm also quite bummed bout this news. But to be fair, Jake Blanton and Ted Sablay are not 'other random dudes', they've been around for quite a long time. I think Ted's been playing rhythm guitar ever since Sam's Town, but stopped shortly for the Day&Age-era. Jake's also a familiar face, he was the band leader of Brandon's first solo tour group. They definitely deserve the spotlight. Of course, I'd rather have Mark & Dave up front, but I'm happy the album actually happened, especially with  the hurdles they had to take kept in mind. 

Shit, wasn't informed on who would be taking over. But I did assume it would be people they've played with before. I'm sure they're great musicians as well,l too. I'm still excited for the new album, and definitely look forward to catching them live. That news was very surprising to me 

15 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

The cracks are starting to show for this band... don't be surprised if this is their last album

There's no way Brandon would let the band die after Wonderful Wonderful most likely getting the best reviews they've had since Hot Fuss or Sam's Town. 

26 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

There's no way Brandon would let the band die after Wonderful Wonderful most likely getting the best reviews they've had since Hot Fuss or Sam's Town. 

Exactly.  Just because two members are opting to remain involved in the songwriting/studio recording process only and not tour doesn't mean the band is on its last legs.  It just means two members are prioritizing their time/personal lives in a different way than the other two members.  And who knows, it could be a season for them and in several years they may rejoin the touring side of things.  

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if anyone living in the uk is able to pick up more than one copy of the pink vinyl and willing to send it to germany please shoot me a pm! It's only available in stores and only in the uk at:

All HMV Stores

Banquet Records- Kingston

Hundred Records- Romsey

Lost in Vinyl- Cambridge

Beyond the Download- Wokingham

Rough Trade- London, Nottingham

You would of course be compensated for all expenses!

4 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

An Irish record shop has been posting copies for around $45 ppd to the states (1 left at this moment)

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10889700?ev=rb

Pricey but way cheaper than the $125+ they're selling for elsewhere.

Yeah i tried that 20 minutes ago, it says that the item was put down again and will be off the website in about 10 minutes...

I just bought this for 60 fucking pounds off of ebay, hope it won't get a lot cheaper hahaha but it's the killers so it was worth completing the collection

3 minutes ago, Vega said:

Yeah i tried that 20 minutes ago, it says that the item was put down again and will be off the website in about 10 minutes...

That's confusing. I grabbed a $45ppd copy and then he posted two more, which just sold out it appears. I'm pretty sure all shops had a strict order to not sell any online, but I'm glad this dude did hah.

If it's truly a pressing of 1,000 I'd imagine the market value will stay around 60 pounds / $80. Who knows though, maybe it's way bigger and they're just drumming up interest.

Edited by lethalenforcer

9 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Another shop (UK) just posted some copies as well. I think these would be $50+ shipped to the US.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10889700?ev=rb

Wow these sold out in seconds...or he put them down one or the other

...I have a feeling that i will be kicking myself in the balls for buying it for 60 pds haha...oh well

Edited by Vega

Picked up a pink copy at Banquet Records this afternoon for £20, this was around 2 PM and it looked like they had a decent amount left. If they have any copies left next Friday they'll be offering them for sale online, probably a long shot but something to keep an eye on I suppose.

Edited by openupyourskull