PO NOW: The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful

1 hour ago, Vega said:

There are a lot of people who don't like 'day & age' as well and it is still going for a pretty penny on vinyl

Day and Age is an incredible album with a worldwide phenomenon (if not overplayed) single (Human) and a well respected critical darling (Spaceman)

It's actually tied for my 2nd favorite album by them. It was also pressed at a time where there weren't as many records out so the overall pressing number is going to be lower. This album has "The Man" which was split down the middle in terms of reception and that's about it from "buzz". 

Just speculating here. 

8 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Day and Age is an incredible album with a worldwide phenomenon (if not overplayed) single (Human) and a well respected critical darling (Spaceman)

It's actually tied for my 2nd favorite album by them. It was also pressed at a time where there weren't as many records out so the overall pressing number is going to be lower. This album has "The Man" which was split down the middle in terms of reception and that's about it from "buzz". 

Just speculating here. 

Yeah you‘re totally right about day & age, after all its my favourite killers album. Was just saying that i met not only a few people at concerts who really didn‘t like it hahaha 

I think we‘ll just have to wait and see, if its true and there really are only a thousand or so of these around i think there will be a good chance these prices will remain like that. And again, i hope all of you who don‘t like it that much will keep listening to it because i think you eventually will like it more and more. I‘m not fanboying here, but even though this record does miss that special killers-spark that was an all of their previous work i think it‘s a great album. And i actually expected some kind of a situation like this because the desired effect also missed this magic (still a great album) whereas flamingo still had it imo

23 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Yeah, this is the first Killers album ever I haven't been magnetically drawn back to listen to over and over again after my initial listen-through. Bummer to realize that. 

I'm in the same boat. I've only played it a few times since it came out and I just realized that. Up until now it was one of the releases I was most excited for. I don't think Battle Born was a misstep either, I absolutely loved that album.

For you guys who aren't digging it right off the bat, definitely give it a few listens. I loved it after the first listen (however, after 5 years, they could've released complete shit and I probably still would've been in love with it...) but there were some tracks I couldn't get into. I've probably listened to it 30+ times in the last week and every song has grown on me, even the ones I liked. Will this go down as a Killers classic? Probably not.. but if you like the band I think it's worth picking it up and giving it a few more shots. 

Also, I 100% back the praise for Day & Age and Battle Born. I feel like those two albums never got enough love. Day & Age flows beautifully, plus the 5 song punch from Human to This Is Your Life beats out the opening 5 tracks on Hot Fuss in my opinion. 

I thought the album was good during my first listen but I can agree that it's gotten better each time. I also like all of their albums and solo output so maybe I am biased.

It's way to early to call but I can see 'Tyson vs Douglas' being one of my all time favorite songs from them. 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, gocram said:

Appears that the Deluxe 2LP is being delayed until December. Received this email:

qTrmPvt.png

I really hope they will make this a great deluxe package like they did with battle born including a booklet etc, would really love that...otherwise i can't explain the delay when they didn't have any issues with the two variants of the standard pressing