PO NOW: The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful

10 hours ago, patreeeek said:

From an interview I read a few weeks ago with either Brandon or Ronnie, they just said Dave had other commitments that day and couldn't make the photo shoot. Not sure why they couldn't just reschedule it. Just seems like they all can hardly all get together at the same time these days.

Hahaha that guy... was exactly the same on the werner herzog documentary:

Struggling to decide whether the deluxe would be worth it... still no mention of better packaging, half-speed master or any other gimmicks. It's definitely not worth it for the bonus tracks. I mean, 2 remixes. C'mon now!

Edited by colbourne25

21 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Anyone found a place other than the Killers store selling the deluxe vinyl? I can't find it anywhere else.  I'm wondering if it's one of those releases I'm going to regret not biting the bullet and paying the incredibly awful shipping charges thru their store to get it. 

Was thinking that as well... i don't think it will sell out though

It's also available here: https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Wonderful-Wonderful-Deluxe/5M2E0000000

The deluxe still hasn't popped up on Amazon or anywhere other than their store and that random recordstore.co.uk store...and Amazon almost always has the deluxe version of records, alongside the regular.  It's just strange and really makes me wonder if it's way more limited than they're letting on.  

Just thinking out loud, don't mind me. :)

7 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

The deluxe still hasn't popped up on Amazon or anywhere other than their store and that random recordstore.co.uk store...and Amazon almost always has the deluxe version of records, alongside the regular.  It's just strange and really makes me wonder if it's way more limited than they're letting on.  

Just thinking out loud, don't mind me. :)

Yeah I preordered as well after you asked initially... back in 2012 i thought the battle born red vinyl would sell our fast as well especially since it's such a great packaging imo but it's still available everywhere ...we'll see!

Edited by Vega

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

Yeah I preordered as well after you asked initially... back in 2012 i thought the battle born red vinyl would sell our fast as well especially since it's such a great packaging imo but it's still available everywhere ...we'll see!

The key difference being the Battle Born red is basically the wide standard release of that album...there was no deluxe vinyl edition for BB.  I'm not surprised it never sold out...but the limited availability of WW's deluxe version on vinyl makes me think it will vanish at some point (kinda like Direct Hits on vinyl did--was sold through the Killers store and a few other places, then gone).  Literally none of the big retailers have WW deluxe for pre-order...and everyone has the standard.  

25 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

The key difference being the Battle Born red is basically the wide standard release of that album...there was no deluxe vinyl edition for BB.  I'm not surprised it never sold out...but the limited availability of WW's deluxe version on vinyl makes me think it will vanish at some point (kinda like Direct Hits on vinyl did--was sold through the Killers store and a few other places, then gone).  Literally none of the big retailers have WW deluxe for pre-order...and everyone has the standard.  

Yeah maybe you're right, let's hope so! :)