PO Now: (Thee) Oh Sees - Orc

38 minutes ago, swazzyswess said:

Just signed up here solely because of this LP (and because I don't have enough people to talk about vinyl with)! I had no idea the Bloom was the super limited one, probably would have picked that one up if I'd checked this thread. Oh well, I think the Gilden one looks a little cooler.

There's no proof that any of these are more limited than the others.  Bloom sold out in US first probably due to the allotment compared to the others.   I believe Water sold out in the U.K. first probably for the same reason.

they'll be putting more of these up later.  But I'd just go with the one that looks coolest to you. 

39 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

There's no proof that any of these are more limited than the others.  Bloom sold out in US first probably due to the allotment compared to the others.   I believe Water sold out in the U.K. first probably for the same reason.

The allotments across all regions were actually proportionately similar -- bloom lowest, water middle, gilden largest. I'd imagine this reflects the total pressing amount unless when the next batch of inventory goes up we see the reverse order in quantities happen (e.g. gilden fewest, etc). Bloom sold out at almost the same time as Water in the UK, for whatever reason the water variant just picked up tons of steam towards the end and out-sold it (even though there were quite a few more waters in stock initially).

It was a blur because, well, intense hobby... but I think the US store had something like:

Bloom 90

Water 250

Gilden 400

So my first thought was that the total numbers for them worldwide is something like Bloom 300-500, Water 500-750, Gilden 1000-1500.

This is fucking dumb. What am I doing with my life. There are people making a difference everyday and I'm just... god damnit.

Edited by lethalenforcer

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

The allotments across all regions were actually proportionately similar -- bloom lowest, water middle, gilden largest. I'd imagine this reflects the total pressing amount unless when the next batch of inventory goes up we see the reverse order in quantities happen (e.g. gilden fewest, etc).

It was a blur because, well, intense hobby... but I think the US store had something like:

Bloom 90

Water 250

Gilden 400

So my first thought was that the total numbers for them worldwide is something like Bloom 300-500, Water 500-750, Gilden 1000-1500.

This is fucking dumb. What am I doing with my life. There are people making a difference everyday and I'm just... god damnit.

Hahaha.

2 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Hahaha.

that post got a good chuckle out of me too :D

I suppose it's kinda silly to think about pressing quantities this much  (especially since I'll never sell my copy anyway!), but I'm so used to buying old and cheap records that the hunt for new limited pressings is super exciting. Collectibility + owning actual music from bands you love is a dangerous combo for the wallet.