New gear, but what to do with it?

Alright...so I was gifted some older but nicer gear, but some of it is stuff I've never played with, so I'm not sure how or if I can use it with my current system. I more or less understand what they do, but I also don't want to damage anything because I'm an idiot.

I have a Marantz TT-15S1 into a Marantz 2250B. There's also a shitty Technics tape deck. It all goes into about waist high Klipsch speakers that sound pretty good, but will hopefully be replaced soon.

I got a Rega Planet CD player. I know what to do with that.

But there's also a Phase Labs X2 preamp and an Entech Number Cruncher 205.2.

So is there a place for the preamp in this setup or should I save it for a second setup I'll be doing in the future?

Nice score, is the Marantz etc what you already have or did all this come together?

Also is that Phase labs or Pass labs? If it's Pass labs then find a decent power amp or preferably some mono block power amps to go with it and bask in the high end glory.

The Entech is a DAC and if it came with the Planet then the original owner must have used it with it, that said try the Planet on its own as it's on board DAC is pretty good, it's one of the most analogue sounding CD players you will find so the Entech might actually remove some of that particular quality.

What are the model numbers of the tape deck and speakers? the tape deck might not be as shitty as you think if it was in with that level of kit.

Hi Allen,

Thanks much for the input. The only new stuff is the Planet, the Number Cruncher and (you're right) Pass Labs X2.

The cassette deck is a Technics M6 that I picked up for $10. Pretty sure the speakers are KG 4.2s.

I've done some listening to the Planet and am very impressed. To be fair, I've really only listened to CDs in my vehicle or through a gaming system so I have a new appreciation for how they can sound.

I had to order a new power cord for the DAC, so once that comes in, I'll start playing around with the stuff.

Ok I'm surprised you didn't get a power amp with it but that Pass labs pre is a nice bit of kit. Hang on to it until something nice power wise comes along, and I don't think they have a phono stage in as standard so you will probably need one of those to plug a turntable into it.

All that said it's the pre that tends to make the most difference in an amplifier so if you can get or borrow any sort of power amp to try with the Pass Labs it might be worth it to make sure it's all ok before you invest in something good power wise.