I had this problem at my first apartment in Philly. My girlfriend's sister had them at this old ass building in Asbury Park that got shut down and she infested her mother's place and eventually ours. We were able to get rid of the little fuckers with a combination of this spray, then encasing our mattress in one of these , and using these cups at the bed posts so they can't climb up from the floor. We also used a steamer with that solution in the carpet. It is pet friendly too. We didn't want to go the heat or chemical route because our cats and records. Good luck! 

14 minutes ago, randomfortunepa said:

I had this problem at my first apartment in Philly. My girlfriend's sister had them at this old ass building in Asbury Park that got shut down and she infested her mother's place and eventually ours. We were able to get rid of the little fuckers with a combination of this spray, then encasing our mattress in one of these , and using these cups at the bed posts so they can't climb up from the floor. We also used a steamer with that solution in the carpet. It is pet friendly too. We didn't want to go the heat or chemical route because our cats and records. Good luck! 

Thanks. I was looking at the exact spray plus some diatomaceous earth. That worked well for a friend of mine. No clue where they came from. My wife started to get tore up bad with welts. One was on her eyelid, which she called "Forest Whitaker eye." She was yelling at me for leaving the door open as she assumed they were from mosquitoes. I tore the bed apart last night and found an adult, plus some exuviae. Seems like a low level infestation, want to try it DIY before shelling out the big bucks.  I have not had any sign of bites, but as my wife says "i must be too bitter."

These are the worst. Really the only thing that worked for me back almost 10 years ago was heavy chemicals from an exterminator friend I had and several rounds of extermination. Really I hate to say it but since they are so hard to get rid of that I'd just take the plunge and hire a professional to get rid of them. If you see one or two you could DIY it but if they're biting you then they are hiding well and there may be an potential infestation. 

I had these five bumps/marks on the back of my neck a few months ago. I was so scared it was something crazy like bed bugs. The bumps kept getting worse as the weekend progressed. Went to the doctor, and I was diagnosed with shingles at 36. Yay.

You can go the Peter Griffin route, but replace fleas with bedbugs.. 

"There's only one thing to do - learn the language of the fleas, earn their trust, and breed with their women. And in time our differences will be forgotten."

but for real.. I only ever had to deal with fleas which sucked.  They went away when we treated our cats and had an exterminator spray the basement (where they came from at first).

Edited by curator

Thanks for the advice. I put down a bunch of diatomaceous earth and the bed bag and spray just arrived.

18 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I had these five bumps/marks on the back of my neck a few months ago. I was so scared it was something crazy like bed bugs. The bumps kept getting worse as the weekend progressed. Went to the doctor, and I was diagnosed with shingles at 36. Yay.

I had some bumps on my side a while ago and thought shingles, but them i remembered i never had chicken pox. However, they ended up being chicken skin, keratosis pilaris. harmless, but annoying.

7 hours ago, kentin31 said:

I had these a couple years ago, I  burned my house. They were gone. 

Given the general state of disrepair I think that might be the best option. Take the insurance money and live on a boat in style like Sonny Crockett.

21 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

You think shingles at 36 is weird... I had them in middle school! My doctor was dumbfounded.

8 hours ago, dantheriver said:

You think shingles at 36 is weird... I had them in middle school! My doctor was dumbfounded.

Holy shit! You have to be one of the youngest people who has ever had them? It's actually common for people in their 30's, but we only hear about seniors getting shingles. Never heard of a teenager.

Ugh Im a Firefighter/Medic and am very parinoid about going into peoples homes after running on people with them.

My sister is a inner city teacher and she found a kid had been comming in fully infested for a few weeks. She found one on herself a few weeks into the year. My mom had been picking her up for a week and taking her home until her BF could pick her up (car issues) 

So she had a local guy come to both houses and coat everything in Diamacious earth mixture. What a mess but it worked at my sisters (my moms we are sure she dident get them after the fact) left the powder down for a year. Such a pain to get rid of clogged vaccume cleaners turns into a paste when mopped.... Caused me to get allergies/sensitivities from the fine powder.

I feel for you i was freaking also because my mom comes over alot for the kids....

On 6/17/2017 at 10:56 PM, somethingvinyl said:

Holy shit! You have to be one of the youngest people who has ever had them? It's actually common for people in their 30's, but we only hear about seniors getting shingles. Never heard of a teenager.

Totally happened to a buddy of mine when he was 17 or 18. We gave him major shit for it, told him he got them from the sketchy chick he had been hanging around. 

7 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Totally happened to a buddy of mine when he was 17 or 18. We gave him major shit for it, told him he got them from the sketchy chick he had been hanging around. 

Wish I had got them from a sketchy chick. I missed something like 2-3 weeks of school just to make sure nobody who hadn't had chicken pox got them from my stupid shingles. I guess that was kind of cool.

• 2 weeks later...