Turnover - Good Nature (8/25)

Yeah, one of Eric's exes posted emotional abuse evidence late last year. Glad they were able to come out and explain the situation and bring a conversation to the scene. I feel like they handled it well. I was slightly reserved about ordering the record as they hadn't talked about it yet - but I'm happy they decided to open up about it.

Now I'm definitely going to be all excited and vocal to my friends about this album. Good to see them acknowledging things with care. I feel like they addressed it well enough for the position they were in.

Edited by deer

I'm still interested in this release. I just revisited Peripheral Visions today after kind of ignoring it upon release (one listen and done). I really enjoyed PV this time around. I found the leak of the new single, and it's very enjoyable. If you liked PV, I believe that you'll appreciate this new track.

As for the allegations, I feel like the band handled it well enough, and I try not to hold an entire group of individuals accountable for one person's actions. People are not the company that they keep. We'll see how this is handled going forward.

2 hours ago, paupérrimo said:

So I'm not that excited about this anymore since Turnover didn't handle Eric Soucy issue very well. Run For Cover hasn't made any statement about it either, hard to tell that as their label they didn't know about it

Please get down off your horse and observe the situation from the ground. No one know anything beyond what was just posted. How they handle it and in what manner isn't your buisness. At least they addressed it for what it is to let the fan base know they don't condone.

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

apparently.

"all songs written by Turnover and Will Yip"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_Vision_(album)

2 hours ago, The Saint said:

Congrats, you've learned the role of a producer.

production and writing credits are entirely different things, as someone as smug as yo'self should know. a producer with writing credits is making much more substantive contributions to the song than retooling demos with a new guitar tone or some Hammond overdubs.

to elaborate on this particular case, it's fairly common knowledge (outside of this thread, at least lol) that Will Yip writes for bands he produces these days. it's a smart move on Will's part, because it allows him to make sure none of the - well, how to say this - less compelling bands he takes on end up with a record that drags his reputation. and bands and their labels aren't gonna say no to a better end product. it's a win-win, a good business model, and not all too uncommon in the music world.

Edited by copelandkid

4 hours ago, goodmemory said:

literally not true but okay

10 am kiddos

7 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

production and writing credits are entirely different things, as someone as smug as yo'self should know. a producer with writing credits is making much more substantive contributions to the song than retooling demos with a new guitar tone or some Hammond overdubs.

to elaborate on this particular case, it's fairly common knowledge (outside of this thread, at least lol) that Will Yip writes for bands he produces these days. it's a smart move on Will's part, because it allows him to make sure none of the - well, how to say this - less compelling bands he takes on end up with a record that drags his reputation. and bands and their labels aren't gonna say no to a better end product. it's a win-win, a good business model, and not all too uncommon in the music world.

RFC guy says you're wrong about him writing most of the record right on this very page.

2 hours ago, JRHews said:

Please get down off your horse and observe the situation from the ground. No one know anything beyond what was just posted. How they handle it and in what manner isn't your buisness. At least they addressed it for what it is to let the fan base know they don't condone.

It's funny how you tell some to get down off your hourse while you're riding your unicorn. This hasn't happened recently, it's a public thread since last year and people do know about it actually, you can google it before crying about something you don't even know. I do love their music and it's cool they are no longer playing with him, but it's also true that they suddenly decided to post about this just one day before they are releasing new music and a big pre-order. Imo, in times that bands are willing to be honest and helpful with fans and community, personally that was kinda like "ok, let's do this quickly before time's over so we can sell our new stuff" and that's fucked up to me. It's that not your opinion now, that's totally fine, but I'm free to feel less excited after this whole situation and that's not your business.