Turnover - Good Nature (8/25)

11 minutes ago, paupérrimo said:

It's funny how you tell some to get down off your hourse while you're riding your unicorn. This hasn't happened recently, it's a public thread since last year and people do know about it actually, you can google it before crying about something you don't even know. I do love their music and it's cool they are no longer playing with him, but it's also true that they suddenly decided to post about this just one day before they are releasing new music and a big pre-order. Imo, in times that bands are willing to be honest and helpful with fans and community, personally that was kinda like "ok, let's do this quickly before time's over so we can sell our new stuff" and that's fucked up to me. It's that not your opinion now, that's totally fine, but I'm free to feel less excited after this whole situation and that's not your business.

So...you WERE excited for this release earlier, even though you say you knew exactly what was happening for a year following a thread about it, but just because they release a statement about it today, youre 'justifying' your displeasure  with it's handling only now. Your logic is sound, good one.

It's definitely suspect that they publicly addressed it the day before the single drop. BUT it seems like that had him leave awhile ago? 

I'm not a huge Turnover fan. I've only listened to PV, but there's a solid 3-4 songs on that record that are fucking great. So I'm not biased in my opinion that they handled the situation mostly fine. Guitar dude seems like a shitty dude, but that type of shitty dude usually isn't easily identifiable until someone comes forward.

Edit: also, I don't believe this is the sort of thing RFC needs to explicitly address. Not like Poly Vinyl and the whole PWR BTTM situation. It seems like things came to light and the band quietly dealt with it.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

Here's the "evidence"

Cs55-YoUsAACUM-.jpg

Cs55-rfUsAEDRgv.jpg

IvjttSj4cIFKPURLXHuGg1DYXl7y7dTs7wVFcqWA

Now I'm the first one to jump on someone for treating a woman wrong but this dude just seems like he has issues and likes people with issues. It's a two-way street if he isn't physically forcing her to be with him I don't believe people when they say they can't leave them because they're mind-trapped or whatever. Her blaming him for making her cut is different how?

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I had a lot of shit to say about emotional abuse but..."George Washington didn't give up on the revolutionary war" holy shit. That's amazing. Like that's next level funny (definitely not his intention and the joke is on him).

Right? Haha that sounds like something a freshman in highschool says. The whole thing really. He needs jesus  

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I had a lot of shit to say about emotional abuse but..."George Washington didn't give up on the revolutionary war" holy shit. That's amazing. Like that's next level funny (definitely not his intention and the joke is on him).

I saw "George Washington didn't give up on the revolutionary war" commented somewhere on Facebook earlier today, and thought it was incredibly random, and wondered where the Likes come from... but now it's coming together.  I know emotional abuse is a real thing and probably not something to ridicule, but I wouldn't be the least bit upset if that made it somewhere into the dead wax on the new album.

18 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Here's the "evidence"

Cs55-YoUsAACUM-.jpg

Cs55-rfUsAEDRgv.jpg

IvjttSj4cIFKPURLXHuGg1DYXl7y7dTs7wVFcqWA

Now I'm the first one to jump on someone for treating a woman wrong but this dude just seems like he has issues and likes people with issues. It's a two-way street if he isn't physically forcing her to be with him I don't believe people when they say they can't leave them because they're mind-trapped or whatever. Her blaming him for making her cut is different how?

He got kicked out of the band and people are flipping the fuck out on him for these?? Maybe there's a lot more to it...and maybe it's the seriously messed up stuff I deal with every day for my job, but this looks like what I imagine a lot of teenage relationship texting looks like. 

1 minute ago, aopps42 said:

He got kicked out of the band and people are flipping the fuck out on him for these?? Maybe there's a lot more to it...and maybe it's the seriously messed up stuff I deal with every day for my job, but this looks like what I imagine a lot of teenage relationship texting looks like. 

I couldn't find a picture large enough and the original is deleted but she outlines it in that post at the bottom. It's readable if you zoom in.

3 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Do relationships not exist with phone conversations and personal interactions anymore?

It's not a great strategy to meet up face-to-face or even talk on the phone with someone who you believe to be emotionally abusing you / gaslighting you. Not only are you able to keep your distance, you have a nifty record of what goes down. 

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

As overused as this meme is the execution as perfect.

I (very poorly) made a gif of it immediately after the episode first aired. I consider myself in on the ground floor for all Community related memes.

But yeah, I got excited to have a legit reason to use it.

.....why is this such a big deal? I'm not trying to justify or defend Eric's actions, but I don't think this is really enough to stain turnovers reputation or whatever, it's one guy in the band who probably just has mental health issues, and can't handle his shit. Also, "he will use his position in a popular band to look sensitive, deep, and like he will never lie you", like, he is the only person in a band to ever do this? I just can't wrap my head around people willing to throw someone under a bus when they obviously just need professional help. Yay for the stigmatization of mental health issues. 

20 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Interesting that they chose to match the parrot with that tricolor.

That parrot is rare 1/1 on the cover so it gets the most rare colorway. The half and half would have been cool with no splatter and maybe if it was more like 1/4-3/4 (I think those exist...) to really match the trees and sky. Whatever, I don't care what it looks like in the grand scheme of things.