Turnover - Good Nature (8/25)

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

My Tri-Colored copy showed up tonight. I never got shipping confirmation from RFC, which is odd.

cool, did you order from the US or UK store? I didn't get any kind of shipping confirmation but I'm also up for a nice surprise. Also, would you mind taking some pictures? How does the pressing sound?

38 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

cool, did you order from the US or UK store? I didn't get any kind of shipping confirmation but I'm also up for a nice surprise. Also, would you mind taking some pictures? How does the pressing sound?

US. I'm not home, there is a huge music fest in my neighborhood I'm about to go walk around. I'll spin later.

Personally after having listened through it about 10 times now (which itself means it's definitely a good record to say the least) I still find PV to be more intense, more urging. However, keeping in mind the overall feel of the music and lyrical content have turned more or less completely, they pulled off something great here with the new album. Very much looking forward to receiving the vinyl and seeing these guys live in exactly one month!

4 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

Personally after having listened through it about 10 times now (which itself means it's definitely a good record to say the least) I still find PV to be more intense, more urging. However, keeping in mind the overall feel of the music and lyrical content have turned more or less completely, they pulled off something great here with the new album. Very much looking forward to receiving the vinyl and seeing these guys live in exactly one month!

The new album isn't intense or urging at all I dunno why that's used as a comparison here. I was annoyed at this by the singles but I agree they pulled off something that isn't easy to pull off with this one. Super chill record that doesn't get boring.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The new album isn't intense or urging at all I dunno why that's used as a comparison here.

Just a personal impression here. I think it's because of the lyrical content though. While the music on PV was also really laid-back and smoothed-out most of the time, the whole topic revolving around those songs was really grabbing sometimes with all the anxiety and emotional weight that came from those lines. That's what I meant by "intensity". GN seems to be kind of "weightless" in comparison which is no criticism but in fact - as stated above - something that not many bands could have pulled off in succession of a record such as PV.

3 minutes ago, Dojo Daniel said:

Photobook showed up today, things a beaut.  Comes with a couple random goodies like a postcard and a small poster

ordered the tri-color and the photobook separately and the tri-color came in friday, but no photobook yet :( 

After a full week of finally being able to soak this in, I'm very excited that we got another great Turnover record. I really do think that this record will age over time and hold us over until another Turnover project. I really love "Breeze" and "Pure Devotion". 

I didn't check the download code, but I assume they still won't work until this Friday? 

Edited by enyfour5

4 minutes ago, enyfour5 said:

ordered the tri-color and the photobook separately and the tri-color came in friday, but no photobook yet :( 

After a full week of finally being able to soak this in, I'm very excited that we got another great Turnover record. I really do think that this record will age over time and hold us over until another Turnover project. I really love "Breeze" and "Pure Devotion". 

I didn't check the download code, but I assume they still won't work until this Friday? 

Funny you say that, the digital download from RFC's site won't work until friday, but the photobook came with a 'dropcard' that let me download the album right away