PO NOW : New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too

Saw this on modern-vinyl.com twitter yesterday evening. Seems New Radical's Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too album is getting pressed. According to the Amazon pre-order link below, pressing is 2xLP on Translucent Gold - Out Aug 4th : 

https://www.amazon.com/Maybe-Youve-Been-Brainwashed-Too/dp/B071WDW282/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=&linkCode=sl1&tag=modernvinylco-20&linkId=e5ca91b3882b7574715d4aa3fd3e4dc0

Kinda on the fence about this. But will probably cave and grab it. 

1280x1280.jpg

Edited by ethanpricington

I've been waiting for this day since I started collecting. This is incredible. This album gets its share of flack because of the one hit, but the rest of this album is fantastic. It's weird, it's poppy, it's wonderful. Can't wait to finally own this on vinyl.

My dad and I used to listen to this CD on early morning drives to go fishing when I was a kid. I loved screaming "We'll kick your asses!" at the end of Get What You Give, thinking I was so cool for cursing. This would have made a great father's day gift if it were out earlier, but there's no question that I'm ordering regardless. Great memories with this album.

from amazon: "The 1998 MCA Records release featuring the hit single, 'You Get What You Give' is now being reissued by UMe on vinyl for the first time as a 2-LP set with an additional, exclusive color edition in translucent gold - on August 4."

the wording makes it sound like there's a regular 2LP and also an exclusive translucent gold color edition.

1 minute ago, WAXXX said:

from amazon: "The 1998 MCA Records release featuring the hit single, 'You Get What You Give' is now being reissued by UMe on vinyl for the first time as a 2-LP set with an additional, exclusive color edition in translucent gold - on August 4."

the wording makes it sound like there's a regular 2LP and also an exclusive translucent gold color edition.

I thought that too. 

On 6/19/2017 at 11:44 AM, WAXXX said:

Has anyone been able to confirm the status on the gold version at any of the stores yet?

Bm, soundstage or merchbar doesn't mention the gold pressing

Edited by Skeezer13

1 hour ago, Skeezer13 said:

Has anyone been able to confirm the status on the gold version at any of the stores yet?

I can't figure out if ume is going to put up a preorder for a gold exclusive or Amazon has the exclusive 

OH MY GOD. I've been waiting yearssssssssssssssssssssss for this! I've been looking for a bootleg of it to compensate. I also reached out to certain labels that license out/press 90s albums and they all weren't interested. I really thought this would never get pressed. Amazing album.

On 6/21/2017 at 10:05 PM, Skeezer13 said:

UMe has been repressing tons of stuff on color wax since early this year, I forgot what they called the campaign but they've been doing a couple per month.

I'm guessing the gold edition will be exclusively available soon through UDiscoverMusic.com (US) and MusicVaultz.com (CAN) if pattern holds. Usually /500 or /1000 runs.

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/Maybe-You-ve-Been-Brainwashed-Too-2LP-Translucent-Gold/5L3N0000000

ArticleSharedImage-73612.jpg

This will also be available via the US uDiscoverMusic webstore, but from my experience the items are usually a bit cheaper to have shipped from the Canadian store.

Edited by lethalenforcer

15 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/Maybe-You-ve-Been-Brainwashed-Too-2LP-Translucent-Gold/5L3N0000000

ArticleSharedImage-73612.jpg

This will also be available via the US uDiscoverMusic webstore, but from my experience the items are usually a bit cheaper to have shipped from the Canadian store.

Thanks