PO: Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold

18 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

So no fancy vinyl variants or flexi throw ins...probably wait and get it in store then.  Wish the nesting dolls were at a lower price point...decisions.

But can we say how awesome it is that they are only charging $19.99 for a 2xlp that's most likely 180g and pressed at Pallas? That's pretty much my go-to release right there: simple, black, 180g, pressed at Pallas, good price. Boom. Don't need any bells and whistles, fancy variants, insane packaging, etc. Just give me a good sounding album. 

36 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

But can we say how awesome it is that they are only charging $19.99 for a 2xlp that's most likely 180g and pressed at Pallas? That's pretty much my go-to release right there: simple, black, 180g, pressed at Pallas, good price. Boom. Don't need any bells and whistles, fancy variants, insane packaging, etc. Just give me a good sounding album. 

"Vinyl - 140g double LP with an etching on the 4th side. Download card included in the vinyl sleeve. "

I'm excited for the pre-sale. I just got QOTSA tickets for Pittsburgh this morning through their pre-sale and was super bummed when the Foo Fighters D.C. show sold out in under a minute. Wife is going to see Imagine Dragons in Cincinnati on the 21st so it looks like we'll just make a weekend out of it.

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Not complaining about the product.  Just going to avoid the $10 shipping fee and buy it at the local shops.  Win / win.

I decided to do the pre-order on this one because it allowed me to get early access to concert tickets! When I first went to sign up for early tickets I got put in the "second wave", but after pre-ordering the LP it upgraded me to the "first wave" for ticket pre-sales.  A nice benefit of pre-ordering if you also plan on going to see them on tour.

27 minutes ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

I decided to do the pre-order on this one because it allowed me to get early access to concert tickets! When I first went to sign up for early tickets I got put in the "second wave", but after pre-ordering the LP it upgraded me to the "first wave" for ticket pre-sales.  A nice benefit of pre-ordering if you also plan on going to see them on tour.

did you get any sort of official confirmation that you were bumped to the first group? I did the same thing and preordered the LP, but received no confirmation of being in the first wave.

1 hour ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

And they mentioned random things in addition, so maybe like that flexi they sent out with Sonic Highways or something...

49 minutes ago, andysrobbins said:

did you get any sort of official confirmation that you were bumped to the first group? I did the same thing and preordered the LP, but received no confirmation of being in the first wave.

When I first signed up without ordering the record I was put into group 2. I was initially just going to try and get tickets. Then I went back to look at the merch, when I saw how low the price was I decided to order a copy on vinyl. Then I got a message saying I was moved into group one. On the top of my Login Page it says my name and that I am in Group 1 for Madison now.

33 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I'm guessing that this pre-order code/tour stuff will also work for any dates they haven't listed yet?

Not sure. The registration ends Friday the 23rd, and the first pre-sale starts the following Monday June 26th. I would think they would have to have the dates listed by the time sales start? It's worth a try.

It's same as it was for QOTSA. You sign up for presale, link your account their with your Ticketmaster account when prompted, get put into Group 2 and then when you buy the merch it takes them some time to match your Ticketmaster acct email with your purchase email and get moved to group one. It only took a few minutes when I did it for QOTSA and Foos. Then late at night the day before the QOTSA sale I got an e-mail and a text message with presale codes.

I think the key part to having everything go smoothly is already having a Ticketmaster acct when you sign up for presale. 

53 minutes ago, zackdumbass said:

Did anyone else see in the description "Vinyl - 140g double LP with exclusive etching on side 4. Download card included in the vinyl sleeve." Does anyone think there will only be a limited number of vinyl pressed with the etching? 

No, it's pretty common to do this when the album is too long for one disc but unreasonably spread out over two. Kinda wish they'd done it with some of their other albums, actually.

Edit: I'm a dumbass

Edited by DOMAN127