PO: Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold

Im in for the Des Moines show, not quite.  Im still shopping for tickets thru CapitalOne presale.  Question though.  I see there are seats behind the stage, at least for the Iowa show.  I saw Pearl Jam awhile back and they do play a couple of songs facing the crowd behind them.  Does the Foos do something like that ?  No floor for this guy as I'm taking my teenage kids for this show.

22 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

What section did you end up getting? Foo replied to my tweet saying the site was overloaded. Couldn't get anything for 30 minutes. Ended up with really good lower level seats which I'm happy with cause it's the first row. Would have loved standing but oh well. Its a small stadium so I'll be closer than I'm thinking. $223.20 for two tickets for me. Did it again and got two seats directly on the other side for my boss. 

we got lower level sitting, row 8 out of 27, section 116, so felt they were pretty good. I kept trying after I got them to see if anything better came up but nope. after fees it was $251 for 2 tickets.

40 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

we got lower level sitting, row 8 out of 27, section 116, so felt they were pretty good. I kept trying after I got them to see if anything better came up but nope. after fees it was $251 for 2 tickets.

Show me a map of your venue. I'm at 3L, Row A, middle seats.

richmondcoliseum_endstage-2198.gif

Got floor seats for my show with my album pre-order pre-sale. So I gave my buddy my Capital One code for him to use (I had reached my ticket limit with my purchase). Now that I look at it, that may have been a mistake. The Capital One details say you have to use a capital one card to purchase. It went through for him, but I'm worried they'll cancel his tickets. Anyone have experience with this, is there a way ticketmaster will review the purchase, find out it wasn't a capital one card, and cancel it? If it happens after the general on sale and he's not able to get tickets, I'm gonna feel like a real asshole. 

On 6/26/2017 at 11:44 AM, Dave Grohl said:

Show me a map of your venue. I'm at 3L, Row A, middle seats.

richmondcoliseum_endstage-2198.gif

We're in the same row...couldn't believe it when those seats popped up! I sat in a similar section for the 11/11/11 show in D.C., but about 10 rows back. Still kicking myself for missing out on the show they did at the National a few years back, but these seats will make up for it!

20 hours ago, MNrva said:

We're in the same row...couldn't believe it when those seats popped up! I sat in a similar section for the 11/11/11 show in D.C., but about 10 rows back. Still kicking myself for missing out on the show they did at the National a few years back, but these seats will make up for it!

Oh shit! See you there!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any peeps get tickets to the champaign show?  Got home from work at 7 am and set my alarm for 845 but ended up sleeping through it till 1140. Ended up getting section 121 row 10. Happy to have tickets and to finally see them play, but bummed knowing I could have gotten better seats in a similar price range. I've never had seats on the end corner of a stage before, so I'm not sure what to expect. Anyone have experience with that?

1 hour ago, BigSeth said:

Any peeps get tickets to the champaign show?  Got home from work at 7 am and set my alarm for 845 but ended up sleeping through it till 1140. Ended up getting section 121 row 10. Happy to have tickets and to finally see them play, but bummed knowing I could have gotten better seats in a similar price range. I've never had seats on the end corner of a stage before, so I'm not sure what to expect. Anyone have experience with that?

I got tickets for Champaign. Searched right when they went on sale. Tried for GA at first, none available. Searched again and got section 110 Row 1. 

14 hours ago, BigSeth said:

Row 1? Nice! I see yours are side view too. Do you have any experience with arena concerts and that view?

Saw The Wall with a similar view (albeit not quite as parallel to the stage) a few years ago in Indy. Beats the hell out of being clear across the court head on, IMO.

Edited by webdoggy

23 hours ago, BigSeth said:

I got lucky and got GA. Extremely pumped for this!

• 1 month later...

Just got this e-mail from Spotify:

Foo Fighters are giving you special access to buy an exclusive pressing of their upcoming album, Concrete and Gold.

Only available online to Foo Fighters' top fans on Spotify, this limited edition black-on-black pressing features a double LP vinyl record in a collector-quality gatefold sleeve and will only be pressed once. (You'll also get stickers or patches free if you order today.) 

Act quickly, offer valid for a limited time or while supplies last.

https://www.merchbar.com/rock-alternative/foo-fighters/foo-fighters-concrete-and-gold-vinyl