PO: Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold

Received my pre-order album 3 days early listening to the album now and i'm a big foo fan this is definitely a different type of album.   Very very Beatlessssey also not sure what is up with the inscription on side D "bangingontheceiling.com"??  I know it's a lyric from The Sky is a Neighborhood but thought they would of put the cool new FF logo on it

5 hours ago, bluetripleb1 said:

Anyone get a shipping confirmation for the Black on Black version?

Apparently mine is at the house right now, along with the regular version.

Edit:. I guess my wife ordered 2 copies of the regular version for some reason?  No black on black yet.

Edited by kramer73

On 9/13/2017 at 4:54 PM, westjosh said:

Received my pre-order album 3 days early listening to the album now and i'm a big foo fan this is definitely a different type of album.   Very very Beatlessssey also not sure what is up with the inscription on side D "bangingontheceiling.com"??  I know it's a lyric from The Sky is a Neighborhood but thought they would of put the cool new FF logo on it

I wondered same thing. Guessing site will go live tomorrow.

14 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

I'm in the UK so imagine it'll be a few days longer! Let us know how it is.

Same here, shipping confirmation a day or so ago and then the wait for it to cross the Atlantic.

The question is can I stop myself buying a regular copy before my black on black shows up?

19 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Same. UPS MyChoice shows it scheduled to be at my house by tomorrow..

Vinyl hasn't shown up yet, but downloaded the digital version and listened this morning. Here's my thoughts: 

As previously mentioned by anyone and everyone, this is definitely a very different album from Dave & Co. But that's to be expected when picking the producer they did. There will always be some type of differing opinions, ideas, philosophies, even as small at they may be. I agree with the statements about the Beatlesque feel to several songs. But would like to add another influence I hear: Led Zeppelin. A fair amount of the album has this Led Zeppelin III feel to it. Even shades of their later stuff especially in La Dee Da

I think I felt so reserved and initially off-put by this sound because I was having trouble connecting it to the band I heard on 2011's Wasting Light.  I felt the band had reverted to such a young and raw sound with that album. So to now, only 6 years later (and 6 years older) transition to such a mature, albeit eloquent sound, seemed rather hasty.

Yet for what it's worth - I like it. 

There's a middle age vibe for sure on this LP. T-Shirt, La Dee Da, Sunday Rain and the title track are among the tracks that have that strong Beatles, Motorhead, and Led Zep vibe. But Run and The Line still give is that signature Foo sound. Sky Is A Neighborhood gives me a Black Mountain vibe which Grohl has said he loves. It's a very unique track to hear from them and was a breath of fresh air.  Arrows (my favorite track on the album) has a unique Foo/Queen blend. The instrumentation and production are spot in on. If they would've toned down the classic rock vibes just a tad, I'd probably put it up there with the first few albums. That being said, I enjoyed this album ALOT. This is def an album to enjoy on wax.  

3 hours ago, mrewest said:

I need more Grohl screams in my life.  Really dug this whole album first time through.  A lot of different styles to digest but it flows together pretty well.  Think it'll only get better with time.

While I love a great Grohl scream, I am done with the White Limo sound effect scream.  After listening to this album, he's gone to that well too many times... IMHO of course.  

On 15/09/2017 at 10:20 AM, allenh said:

Same here, shipping confirmation a day or so ago and then the wait for it to cross the Atlantic.

The question is can I stop myself buying a regular copy before my black on black shows up?

It's a fair question! I just got a shipping notification for the regular from Amazon...oops! Forgot to cancel the preorder I had there.