PO SOON : Rosetta - UTOPIOID

18 minutes ago, seku said:

Haha, I forgot that it's just a matter of personal taste, glad you guys like it! I just realized that this is released by new label, friend of band's one. Fingers crossed it works out and next releases are on the way. Last remark  with <bitching_mode_on> - isn't it possible to ship cheaper within US?

Oh of course, i didn't think you were bitching, everyone has their own take on everything. I just love them as a band and they do most of their stuff independently and want to support them so they continue to make music. I purchased all colored variants from EU and US pre-orders.

13 hours ago, drds89 said:

For those interested, the pressing numbers for the US are:

100 - Red/Yellow & Black/White

150 - Pharma Blue

250 - Black

(see twitter if ya need confirmation)

Record label says differently on description of each item:

84 - Red/Yellow & Black/White

127 - Pharma Blue

213 - Black

18 minutes ago, daegor said:

Record label says differently on description of each item:

84 - Red/Yellow & Black/White

127 - Pharma Blue

213 - Black

Actually, judging by the difference in numbers, it looks like they keep 16 from the first variant, 23 from the second and 37 from the third, probably in case of damaged records that customers might get.

37 minutes ago, shifres said:

Actually, judging by the difference in numbers, it looks like they keep 16 from the first variant, 23 from the second and 37 from the third, probably in case of damaged records that customers might get.

Yeah, that seems about right, it's roughly 15% less of each amount.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sower of Wind, companion piece to Utopioid is now out digitally and on cd/vinyl:

SOWER OF WIND is now available digitally, pay-what-you-wish. We hope you enjoy it. This release is a special labor of love and much further afield than anything we've done before.

https://theanaesthete.bandcamp.com/album/sower-of-wind

Vinyl and CD versions release on February 22, 2019, via Pelagic Records. Check the links below to preorder from your region.

North America: http://bit.ly/rosettaNA
Europe/worldwide: http://bit.ly/rosettaEU
Australia: http://bit.ly/rosettaAUS

Background:
ROSETTA returned in 2017 with Utopioid, their sixth full-length album and most concept-driven work to date, an intersection of heaviness and beauty. Sower of Wind is a new EP built on soundscapes buried inside Utopioid – elements which the band thought deserved a fuller treatment. "Those soundscapes developed with a concept and a story in mind, but we decided to step back from them and see where they could lead when considered on their own terms," guitarist Matt Weed explains.

Sower of Wind isn't a companion record to Utopioid per se, but shares the same four-part cyclic structure, referencing seasons, cardinal directions, times of day. Each track draws inspiration and source material from the corresponding quadrant of Utopioid, but uses it to tell a different story. It's a more peaceful, primordial listen than its older brother, without vocals or percussion, drawing tension from the interplay of acoustic instruments and washed-out drones. It's great turned up loud, and even better on headphones in the dark.

Sower of Wind was recorded at home in bits and pieces, through late 2017 and 2018. "It was mixed in part on tour, taking advantage of the fertile bed of ideas that comes with long- term close quarters, and the sleeplessness of non-stop transit. It's a labor of love for us -- very different from our normal sonic presentation, but equally representative of who we are (and who we're becoming) as a band," Weed comments.

Rosetta "Pre-Order: Sower of Wind Bundle" Bundle

250 of each variant.

Also:

Rosetta
Red = east (dawn)
Yellow = south (noon)
Black = west (dusk)

White = north (midnight)

Edited by daegor