Hammock - Mysterium

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Damnit why are their records so expensive 

You went the Amazon route on that reissue of Raising Your Voice, right?  What did you end up receiving?  $35 PPD for a stateside album is pretty gross, but I always sort of second-guess that stance when I realize it's going through their Bandcamp.  They probably see a lot more of that bloated price point than if they were selling through a distro.

Just now, Derek™ said:

You went the Amazon route on that reissue of Raising Your Voice, right?  What did you end up receiving?  $35 PPD for a stateside album is pretty gross, but I always sort of second-guess that stance when I realize it's going through their Bandcamp.  They probably see a lot more of that bloated price point than if they were selling through a distro.

I just received the black one. Which was fine. God I love that album..

They have so much they still need to press on vinyl, too.  Not that I remotely enjoy dropping $30+ on a single record, but I'm a little more inclined to do so if it'll help fund prior gems finally getting pressed.  Gonna' have to dwell on this one until I'm ready to be stupid and make a bad decision.

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

They have so much they still need to press on vinyl, too.  Not that I remotely enjoy dropping $30+ on a single record, but I'm a little more inclined to do so if it'll help fund prior gems finally getting pressed.  Gonna' have to dwell on this one until I'm ready to be stupid and make a bad decision.

Seriously.  They also dropped about 20 copies of Oblivion Hymns back on the store.  I still need to grab that but yesterday kinda hurt my funds.  I didn't even expect this to drop - kinda like the Foo and Cloakroom LPs.

7 minutes ago, highfives said:

Seriously.  They also dropped about 20 copies of Oblivion Hymns back on the store.  I still need to grab that but yesterday kinda hurt my funds.  I didn't even expect this to drop - kinda like the Foo and Cloakroom LPs.

fuck me did I really miss oblivion hymns 

UGH 

28 minutes ago, highfives said:

I think my PO list doubled in the last week alone.

4 minutes ago, JRHews said:

How limited are these color options...? Need some time to ponder this as well, but I'm really letting my wild side lean towards the 'insta-buy the Clear you fuck nut' option...

Says purchases are limited to 89. Not sure if that's the actual run amount of each though.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Says purchases are limited to 89. Not sure if that's the actual run amount of each though.

Maybe that's what's left? Either way, I'm always for new Hammock. I always get a meh feeling for each right away, then I end up loving them after tons of replays, so I feel like I can't go wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spent some time with this one earlier in the week – much to no one's surprise, it's stunning.  The album art lends itself to the same style of the Sleepover Series' art, so I was suspecting (and hoping) for something more on the minimal side.  What we get is something that's fairly droney and minimal, but with some really lush, cinematic shifts and accents.  I think this record is the perfect stepping stone between their ambient and orchestrated sides.  Very happy with the way it turned out.

Everything I've ordered from them has come Priority shipping (which means next day from TN to VA) 

$7 sounds like media mail though--- we'll see if they built the extra shipping cost into the album price this time, or if it arrives media.

Beautiful music. The world is always a better place with more Hammock

• 2 months later...