PO NOW: Jets To Brazil reissues

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

I have seen all three albums in stores. they took a preorder a long time ago. if my anger needs to be moved to somewhere else, I am happy to do so. not really seeing your point though.

I understand the anger.  I mean, how is it that the label's store wouldn't get an album in yet all these other stores including amazon has it?  I've been trying to have patience, but wow :(  I hope they get that backordered album in and it doesn't take more weeks.  I've been cut off from buying vinyl for now, so I've been extra looking forward to this one, hahah

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

I have seen all three albums in stores. they took a preorder a long time ago. if my anger needs to be moved to somewhere else, I am happy to do so. not really seeing your point though.

I guess my point is that if all three records are in stores and the online retailer of the band doesn’t have them then the overall distribution of the records from the plant is the problem. They can’t package up and mail you what they don’t have. 

Just now, dantheriver said:

I guess my point is that if all three records are in stores and the online retailer of the band doesn’t have them then the overall distribution of the records from the plant is the problem. They can’t package up and mail you what they don’t have.

good lord you are trolling. thanks for reminding me that they can't package what they don't have. really enlightening stuff. when you order direct from the band, and you see the record available every but from the band, sometimes you get upset. kings road is who I ordered from. I would think that kings road would be doing the distribution, so that is who I am upset with. I will happily be upset with the plant for not sending them what they needed to fulfill. but again, thanks for coming into this thread and being so helpful.

The initial date got scrapped and bumped back 2 months, and then that date comes and goes and you don't communicate anything with people who plopped down money nearly 4 months ago.  I don't know why we're the bad guys for asking what's the deal?  I'm just looking forward to spinning the records at this point.

26 minutes ago, jrodan said:

good lord you are trolling. thanks for reminding me that they can't package what they don't have. really enlightening stuff. when you order direct from the band, and you see the record available every but from the band, sometimes you get upset. kings road is who I ordered from. I would think that kings road would be doing the distribution, so that is who I am upset with. I will happily be upset with the plant for not sending them what they needed to fulfill. but again, thanks for coming into this thread and being so helpful.

I don’t think Kings Road are a distribution company, just an online retailer. Sorry you’re mad at them.

edit: just to be clear I’m not saying they don’t suck in general. They do, just like merch now and pretty much every other online store that runs tons of bands/labels direct to customer shops. Just don’t see the point in being mad at them this time.

Edited by dantheriver

2 hours ago, jrodan said:

Well, the real important thing is that you get extremely mad online about it

2 hours ago, jrodan said:

my buddy wrote Kings Road yesterday and got this response today.

We apologize for the inconvenience. One of your items on your order is currently on backorder. We are waiting to hear when the Jets To Brazil Perfecting Loneliness LPs will arrive and will notify customers once we have more information. As soon as that item arrives your whole order will ship.

Fuck Kings Road so hard. they are horrible.

SRC must be doing the same then.....

45 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Well, the real important thing is that you get extremely mad online about it

always my favorite type of response. I didn't even type in caps. extremely mad online is a bit of a stretch. it would be like me saying you are extremely fucking lame for posting something like this, when you are merely kinda fucking lame.

Edited by jrodan

Contacted King's Road about what is going on with these records, apparently they haven't gotten the clear/black Perfecting Loneliness from the plant yet and aren't sure when to expect it. They offered to go ahead and ship the other two records to me and just send PL in a later order.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Contacted King's Road about what is going on with these records, apparently they haven't gotten the clear/black Perfecting Loneliness from the plant yet and aren't sure when to expect it. They offered to go ahead and ship the other two records to me and just send PL in a later order.

Hmm I'm thinking about contacting them too if that's the case.  I thought the asterisk on the listing page saying 1-2wks meant it might show up this Friday.  I'd love to at least have two of them to spin soon.  not sure how to word the message without seeming impatient though, hahah

9 hours ago, aekastar said:

Hmm I'm thinking about contacting them too if that's the case.  I thought the asterisk on the listing page saying 1-2wks meant it might show up this Friday.  I'd love to at least have two of them to spin soon.  not sure how to word the message without seeming impatient though, hahah

It's ok to seem impatient so long as you aren't an ass about it also. I just said something like, "Hi there, these are starting to show up in stores and I haven't seen any movement or gotten any updates about when they'll ship. I just wanted to check in to see when they were going out."

Accepted their offer to ship Orange Rhyming Dictionary and Four Cornered Night. Received both today and can confirm that at least Four Cornered Night is on Clear with Black swirl instead of totally clear. They shipped me a black copy of Orange Rhyming Dictionary so I’m gonna have to deal with that tomorrow.

On 10/25/2017 at 12:06 AM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Is what they told me as well.  Hopefully they receive those soon since they told us they'd be getting sent out two weeks ago.

11 hours ago, soulgrowl said:

Accepted their offer to ship Orange Rhyming Dictionary and Four Cornered Night. Received both today and can confirm that at least Four Cornered Night is on Clear with Black swirl instead of totally clear. They shipped me a black copy of Orange Rhyming Dictionary so I’m gonna have to deal with that tomorrow.

While I'm not a huge variant chaser, that is super annoying given that you're waiting this additional time, and I'm assuming paid for these months ago.  

13 hours ago, soulgrowl said:

Yikes!  I have heard King's Road sometimes sends the wrong stuff out.  that sounds like a pain :\   it's good to know it is clear with black swirl though!  makes it less annoying that the clear versions were at amazon/elsewhere all this time.

I just got my two shipped out today after contacting them.

King's Road is really starting to frustrate me. They essentially lost my Ups & Downs order in their system and admitted as much when I emailed them about it, no notification on the delay for the JTB records, and now they've sent me the wrong variant for ORD.

Edit: no pins either.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

King's Road is really starting to frustrate me. They essentially lost my Ups & Downs order in their system and admitted as much when I emailed them about it, no notification on the delay for the JTB records, and now they've sent me the wrong variant for ORD.

Uh oh!  mine's on its way still, it just left Dallas which means I should get it in a couple days... if all orders are screwing up, this'll be a pain :(    we'll see....