PO: Wolves in the Throne Room-Thrice Woven 9/22

4 hours ago, OldBoy said:

Rough Trade (UK) has listed a limited indies only edition:

https://www.roughtrade.com/music/thrice-woven

Norman Records (UK):

https://www.normanrecords.com/records2/166148-wolves-in-the-throneroom-thrice-woven

Dark Forest with black, white and grey swirl vinyl

I "like" it when ordering from a euro store within europe is more expensive than grabbing the LP from overseas. Oh well, at least that swirl looks not so promising.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2017 at 10:07 AM, OldBoy said:

Rough Trade (UK) has listed a limited indies only edition:

https://www.roughtrade.com/music/thrice-woven

Norman Records (UK):

https://www.normanrecords.com/records2/166148-wolves-in-the-throneroom-thrice-woven

Dark Forest with black, white and grey swirl vinyl

any US pre-orders for the indie up yet?

1 hour ago, defectiveepitaph said:

Gold was back up in the US store for a bit but it's sold out again :( why didn't I fcking jump on it. I still haven't learned to just give in and order something I might want, bc if you don't, it always sells out.

Probably because their shipping charge was fucked. I just refuse to pay $12 shipping for a single lp. Hopefully they have a tour edition.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Probably because their shipping charge was fucked. I just refuse to pay $12 shipping for a single lp. Hopefully they have a tour edition.

Was it that much? I think when I checked it was around $8-$9. Still, that's more than usual for one album. Should be $3-$5 for that. Kinda mad I didn't get one, but I guess black will be okay... Maybe I'll wait for the show near me to find out on another variant.

So, I preordered the golden mead version of this record a while ago from a distro, and was informed today they're unable to deliver since they were misinformed by their supplier and aren't getting any gold records at all. To top it off, they're only getting like 10 copies of the indie variant, so might not even get that one.. Sucks!

1 hour ago, Jim Steele said:

So, I preordered the golden mead version of this record a while ago from a distro, and was informed today they're unable to deliver since they were misinformed by their supplier and aren't getting any gold records at all. To top it off, they're only getting like 10 copies of the indie variant, so might not even get that one.. Sucks!

Is it SRC? I thought it was pretty clear that the only place to get the gold was directly from WITTR. I haven't seen any distro try to claim they were getting any.

22 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Is it SRC? I thought it was pretty clear that the only place to get the gold was directly from WITTR. I haven't seen any distro try to claim they were getting any.

No, Burning World. Not their fault though. I was (pleasantly) surprised they were selling the gold indeed, and figured they had arranged something to give European customers a chance as well. Ah well, just managed to order the indie variant somewhere else, so let's hope that ends up looking good

1 hour ago, Jim Steele said:

Same here and still no news about the euro store !

Got my golden mead 2LP yesterday. The golden mead color looks awesome and the jacket also looks excellent and is full of visual detail. I'm three sides into my first listen and it sounds awesome too (sonically speaking).

Not their best work (that's Black Cascade for my money), but very solid overall. "Angrboda" stands out as the best cut on here by far. I will say this: I am only clicking with Celestial Linage now despite having and listening to it repeatedly since its release in 2011, so after a few listens over time this might reveal itself as something special as well.

My only (admittedly minor) gripe is that at 42 minutes this did not need to be a double LP. You can sell it all you want as an "audiophile pressing cut at 45", but I'd rather pay single LP price for the record cut at 33 on a single LP. I mean, neither track on either side of disc 1 cracks 10 minutes, to the point where side two is 8 and a half minutes. Seems almost wasteful.

Overall though, very good pressing of a very good album.

T-shirts are holding up the bundle orders, so I guess I won't receive my golden mead vinyl bundle until next week.  

I saw the band mention a 'WINTER SKY' version being available once the EU Store is up and running - I guess this is the clear with black and grey smoke vinyl I've seen on Insta?  I'm trying to figure out if that is going to be an EU exclusive or perhaps an Indie Excl?