PO: Wolves in the Throne Room-Thrice Woven 9/22

1 hour ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

3dqr7v.jpg

Got my copy today. Clear with all sorts of junk splashed over it. Looks really cool in person. Also, after one thorough listen, album is shaping up to be great.

Is this the one they have in stock now or is that sold out. Doesn't say any special version on their site.

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

^^ WHOA!!!!

Where did you order it from? I am really digging that variant!

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Is this the one they have in stock now or is that sold out. Doesn't say any special version on their site.

I'm in EU and this variant is distributed as 'indie-exclusive' over here. Bought at my local. Also no indication whatsoever on the sticker concerning variants. I was expecting the standard black, so this was a nice surprise!

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

That looks sweet. Excited to get my golden Meade today. Haven’t heard anything from the album yet so it’ll be cool to listen fresh on vinyl. 

Don't forget to switch to 45rpm ;-) I did, of course..

On 9/21/2017 at 8:54 AM, DASiano said:

Got my golden mead 2LP yesterday. The golden mead color looks awesome and the jacket also looks excellent and is full of visual detail. I'm three sides into my first listen and it sounds awesome too (sonically speaking).

Not their best work (that's Black Cascade for my money), but very solid overall. "Angrboda" stands out as the best cut on here by far. I will say this: I am only clicking with Celestial Linage now despite having and listening to it repeatedly since its release in 2011, so after a few listens over time this might reveal itself as something special as well.

My only (admittedly minor) gripe is that at 42 minutes this did not need to be a double LP. You can sell it all you want as an "audiophile pressing cut at 45", but I'd rather pay single LP price for the record cut at 33 on a single LP. I mean, neither track on either side of disc 1 cracks 10 minutes, to the point where side two is 8 and a half minutes. Seems almost wasteful.

Overall though, very good pressing of a very good album.

This actually made me totally fine with missing the golden one. It kills the experience with a 45 speed and like a song on each side. That’s just a chore to listen to these songs. I realize how not picky that is but it’s true. 

From the WITTR facebook page :

At long last I have received word from our European team: the Artemisia Records European Store will open next week!

I am also pleased to announce that we will be bringing out a new limited color LP before we embark on our European tour later this year. This new "Dragon's Blood" pressing will be available through our EU store and at our merchandise table.

///
Aaron+WITTR