PO Now: Myrkur - Mareridt

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Saw Myrkur this past Friday and they had the deluxe 2LP in the merch band (priced at about 45 euro) - as it's sold out at Relapse I decided to buy it (though it was priced 30 euro at Relapse when they had it) - but I was surprised that it was the clear version I got. So if anyone is going to any of the upcoming concerts I guess you should know that it's the clear version being sold of the 2LP deluxe versions (or just ask at the merch stand if you can see the vinylcolor before buying). Don't know if any of the other LPs at the merch stand were clear versions, though.

The clear vinyl is usually the rarest variants issued by Relapse-only 100 and not available to the public (generally only for the band and Relapse employees).

I would not be terribly surprised if a few of these clear copies sent to the band by the label mistakenly got added to their tour inventory. Either way, you have the rarest of the rare variants (if that means anything to you).

Edit: I was unaware there was a difference between the standard and deluxe versions of this album. From what I've seen, clear is only available as a standard variant, so if you paid for and were expecting deluxe, yeah I see now why you'd be disappointed.

Edited by DASiano
Updated with new information

6 hours ago, DASiano said:

The clear vinyl is usually the rarest variants issued by Relapse-only 100 and not available to the public (generally only for the band and Relapse employees).

I would not be terribly surprised if a few of these clear copies sent to the band by the label mistakenly got added to their tour inventory. Either way, you have the rarest of the rare variants (if that means anything to you).

Edit: I was unaware there was a difference between the standard and deluxe versions of this album. From what I've seen, clear is only available as a standard variant, so if you paid for and were expecting deluxe, yeah I see now why you'd be disappointed.

I'm fully aware that the clear version isn't available to the public, and thereby the rarest version - just wanted to point out that I think the version being sold at the shows could very well be the clear version (my LP was taken from a box that could possibly all be the clear version). So if anyone is going to the shows and is on the haunt for a clear version of the album, this could be the way to obtain it without having to pay $100 for it. Or it could just be pure luck that I got a clear version - but that is pretty easy to ask about at the show. As far as I can see on Discogs, the only clear version of Mareridt is the 2LP - there doesn't appear to be a clear single LP version of that album.

• 2 years later...