PO now: Live - Mental Jewelry - purple vinyl - 25th anniversary

For those of you interested, this has been near impossible to find a copy in the US, since it was never pressed here.

Pre-Order ships on or before 8/11/2017.

Scroll down:

http://www.freaks4live.com/

image002.png

Edited by jack8urt0n

18 minutes ago, jrodan said:

man this album is horrible. they had a nice 3 album run after this, but god damn it is horrible.

Disagree. I love this album, and it is wayyyyy better than The Distance to Here.  I have the original Brazilian press of Mental Jewelry, but will gladly pick this up. The CD version comes with bonus tracks (nothing that hasn't been released elsewhere) and a live show. Wish they pressed all those goodies on vinyl too.

40 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Disagree. I love this album, and it is wayyyyy better than The Distance to Here.  I have the original Brazilian press of Mental Jewelry, but will gladly pick this up. The CD version comes with bonus tracks (nothing that hasn't been released elsewhere) and a live show. Wish they pressed all those goodies on vinyl too.

Username checks out.

Love this album too, man. Got to see them tour this album in a very small club (Metropol) in Pittsburgh back in 92. The pit was as intense as Rollins in the same club, weeks later.

Secret Samadhi was great, and damn near perfect. Throwing Copper and Mental Jewelry were both very good, but everything after Samadhi  took a deep nose dive. A few decent tracks here and there.

I still really enjoy the deep cuts on MJ. Wish the Four Songs tracks would have made this vinyl version. Heaven Wore A Shirt FTW

Edited by throwgncpr

10 minutes ago, vinyl21 said:

Was anybody able to get a shipping quote?

$12.45 was the cheapest quote to Minnesota. That was for USPS Priority 2-Day Shipping. Other options were UPS and much more expensive.

I think I'll just go with the black version that's on Amazon. That'll be $20 cheaper for me. 

Shipping from the band does suck. There is no media mail option.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the retail version will be black, but I don't see any indication that the one in the band's webstore is an exclusive color. Unless there is some info we're missing, I would assume they are all purple.

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2017 at 9:05 AM, throwgncpr said:

Shipping from the band does suck. There is no media mail option.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the retail version will be black, but I don't see any indication that the one in the band's webstore is an exclusive color. Unless there is some info we're missing, I would assume they are all purple.

My brother texted me the other day that he picked up he purple version from his local record store.  

11 hours ago, danyc said:

Is this actually put out by Radioactive? So thought that label was done ages ago?

Radioactive was a joint venture between MCA and Gary Kurfirst (who managed lots of bands).

MCA ended up getting bought by Universal. Universal also owns Geffen. Bull Moose is showing the label as being Geffen, so I'm guessing Universal just moved the Radioactive  catalog over to Geffen at some point (if there were any reissues of those albums).

Edited by tape