PO - Chris Bell - I Am the Cosmos (transluscent)

1 hour ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Omnivore is also releasing a 6xLP box set called "The Complete Chris Bell" sometime this year for those who are interested.

I wish they would use a better pressing plant. My copies of Big Star Complete Third are noisy. 

Just to fill you in on something...

Just because a record is "noisy" -- doesn't mean that has to do with the plant it's pressed at.  Unless you have a complete newby as an operator, this generally happens before it touches the press, usually at the plating stage.

41 minutes ago, mertzrock said:

Just to fill you in on something...

Just because a record is "noisy" -- doesn't mean that has to do with the plant it's pressed at.  Unless you have a complete newby as an operator, this generally happens before it touches the press, usually at the plating stage.

Omnivore uses Rainbo. That plant has been really bad of late with non fill, which is a direct result of manufacturing

I'm quite familiar with non-fill...I work at a Pressing plant.  However, some non-fill issues can be fixed, some can't.  It generally happens more on 180g pressings and can be helped with more steam and heat to bring more vinyl to the edge/trim.   This is only going to exist on the 1st and/or 2nd tracks of the side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 11:23 PM, mertzrock said:

I'm quite familiar with non-fill...I work at a Pressing plant.  However, some non-fill issues can be fixed, some can't.  It generally happens more on 180g pressings and can be helped with more steam and heat to bring more vinyl to the edge/trim.   This is only going to exist on the 1st and/or 2nd tracks of the side.

Hey Brian, I responded to your message a few days ago. Writing here in case you see this haha

• 1 month later...